Home » Audio » Speaker » correction filter for Fostex fe206e in a Jeriko
Re: correction filter for Fostex fe206e in a Jeriko [message #20591 is a reply to message #20586] Sun, 09 January 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kane is currently offline  Kane
Chancellor
Hi Bill
Your right, It is gonna be a heavy one for shure, but the sand will be usefull to prevent cabinet resonating(if there will be some?)and doubling the back/side walls i think would be better than not doing so(no "swinging" panels when the amplifier are firing at all 8 sylinders!). The weight don´t worry me because im not gonna ship´m with "Fedex" and the volume makes it hard to lift alone even with sand or not."It´s better to carry a gun and not have to use it than not carry one and really need it"
Kane

FE206E in a Jericho [message #20699 is a reply to message #20587] Wed, 23 February 2005 05:27 Go to previous message
Kane is currently offline  Kane
Chancellor
Well well; finaly i got the horns ready and started playing on them this morning. I misscalculated the need of mdf and had to wait almost a month for the last one to finish the side walls.
Wery exited i hooked it up to the cd player(Atoll cd100) and my poor chineese tubeamp(yarland) and the first thing that hit me was an extreeme respons on the volumecontroll!!!
The sound was extreemly transparent and airy. The bass was fast and homogene, not too poor as i was afraid of(starting soon on a hornsubproject). It is running now at home as i´m writing this(im at work ) and i´m looking forward to hear if there is any changings due to the break in. One thing that i didn´t like was a bit hard and loud high frequency. it made my ears a bit stressed This i might have to correct with a filter, later if the break in doesnt cure it. Will post some follow ups!
Kane

Previous Topic: Choosing array, please help...
Next Topic: Favorite flavors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:37:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout