Home » Audio » Speaker » rear loaded horn project
rear loaded horn project [message #20468] Mon, 04 October 2004 08:26 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
have made a deal to have the Fostex FE206e rear loaded horn cabinets made---in "flat " format---hope to have shipped by Oct 5----and then to enjoying a "glue party" --will keep posted Jim

Re: rear loaded horn project [message #20469 is a reply to message #20468] Mon, 04 October 2004 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Hi Jim,

That should be a very interesting project and I am anxiously waiting to hear about your experiences and a comparision between the back loaded horn and the ML TL with the FE-206E. In particular, a detailed comparision of the strengths and weaknesses of both designs would be of great interest. Now that I am getting into horn designs any data or impressions would be very helpful.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Martin

Re: rear loaded horn project [message #20470 is a reply to message #20469] Tue, 05 October 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Martin, I felt very lucky to find someone that was producing what looks to be a very high grade of quality work and at such reasonable prices---the Fostex brochure shows some damping and sand bags installed----trying to figure out how to make those items now---I have another guy sending me some more horn plans for Fostex driver that were designed by the Janpanese ---personally I find the horn design concept truely awe inspiring---something that is in every way equal to the vaccum tube itself! What a pair! can't wait to get started ---- Jim

Re: rear loaded horn project [message #20490 is a reply to message #20468] Wed, 13 October 2004 14:46 Go to previous message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Baron
Hi Jim, just wandering if you've completed your horn project. I'm very interested about your impression of this project and how the speakers sound to you. I would really like to see the plans and picture of the completed speaker

Previous Topic: Martin King Horn Theory
Next Topic: need plans in "inches" for Lowther DX-3 back horn cabinets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:07:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout