Home » Audio » Speaker » Posts?
Posts? [message #20431] Wed, 22 September 2004 16:31 Go to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Was there a reason my posts were deleated. I try not to offend anyone, but if just stating my beliefs or results is not to this forums desires i will not post here any further.
Thank You
ron

Re: Posts? [message #20432 is a reply to message #20431] Wed, 22 September 2004 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TC is currently offline  TC
Baron
I tried your posts using 3 browsers and none came up when they were up. My try offending again, it could have been a technical glitch. About half the time I try to read this place it has a server/html issue(s).

TC

Re: Posts? [message #20433 is a reply to message #20431] Wed, 22 September 2004 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GM is currently offline  GM
Viscount
I queried earlier today and here's the response:

GM

Re: Posts? [message #20435 is a reply to message #20432] Wed, 22 September 2004 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Visions of Infinedi is currently offline  Visions of Infinedi
Esquire
Well, I can understand your frustration. I cannot speak to the html erros encountered on this site, however as the host for this website, I can assure you that the downtime - caused by server errors - have been less than .01% of the time. Occasionally, we have to bounce the machine and, of course, during the summer months we had some pretty major DoS (Denial of Service)attacks.

We strive to give the best service possible.

Re: Posts? [message #20436 is a reply to message #20435] Wed, 22 September 2004 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Sheri,

I appreciate your divvy'ing the system and making more space available. I appreciate all your work on the system.

But I don't know that I'd say it has enjoyed 99.99% uptime. I don't think it's down 50% of the time either, but I think Terry was just using that as an expression to mean "a lot."

I come to ART pretty often to support the π Speakers forum and what not. So I think I have a pretty good feel for it. The 0.01% downtime metric may be accurate if you consider it as time spent with the server power light on, but it is certainly not true for useable service. If the disk drives can't be written to, then a discussion forum is pretty much useless.

Even if we only considered today's outage, then the yearly downtime would be 0.27%. If it ran perfectly for the rest of a year, it would have been up all but 0.27% of the time. But I recall a few DOS attacks and some other stuff in the early days, particularly during transitions between servers. So I'm guessing the system was probably down something like 1% or 2% of the time.

I'm pretty happy with that. Of course, I'd rather the π Speakers forum be up 100% of the time. It's frustrating when it has a glitch, and always seems to happen right when someone needs support the most. But it's usually just temporary and things are going again pretty quickly. I'm very happy with the site, all in all.

I just wanted to throw that in, because I thought the 0.01% remark would probably raise some eyebrows.

Wayne

Re: Posts? [message #20441 is a reply to message #20431] Thu, 23 September 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You did not offend anyone I know of! So please do post! It was just a technical disk issue, i think, based on other posts here.

-akhilesh

One post I know of is missing [message #20444 is a reply to message #20435] Thu, 23 September 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
http://www.audioroundtable.com/SingleDriverSpeakers/messages/833.html

Could you find out if it was lost when moving to a larger disk?
-akhilesh

Re: One post I know of is missing [message #20454 is a reply to message #20444] Fri, 24 September 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Webmaster is currently offline  Webmaster
Esquire
That was one of 27 posts that were lost during the period that the system would not accept disk writes. We're investigating to find the reason why no alarm was raised and we're very sorry that it occured.

Not a problem! [message #20456 is a reply to message #20454] Fri, 24 September 2004 23:09 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
It wasn't that important anyway!
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Iowa 2004 DIY Event, Saturday, October 23rd...
Next Topic: SET/PP/SS and when to use them
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 21:48:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout