Home » Audio » Speaker » speaker positioning
speaker positioning [message #19895] Mon, 29 March 2004 09:52 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Ron,,,, Never even entered my mind to try "out" toeing the speakers!!!! I was so focused on moving them for imageing and got so caught up in toeing "in" I never gave them a chance at zero or out toe factors----thanks for the heads up for both the tip and to remember we are suppose to be the guys "out of the box" ---trying the fool stuff that just won't work-------until it does ! Jim

Re: speaker positioning [message #19896 is a reply to message #19895] Mon, 29 March 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Ron----follow up--presently the boxes are set up about 45 inches from the rear wall (measuring to the speaker baffle---and about 26-28 inches from the side wall----this will be interesting to hear--- JD

Re: speaker positioning [message #19897 is a reply to message #19896] Tue, 30 March 2004 06:39 Go to previous message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
YVW.If you look at the FR curve you will see a near flat line at a 30 deg angle off axis.I never run any notch filters in the pipes as it kills the dynamics, but i do run 8 ohm series resistance to up the Qes. The horn is a different matter as with the extreem range and pumped up lower the FR is excellent without anything in the signal path.There is no comparasion between the horn and the pipe the horn gives extreem dynamics with SLAM and an extreem tight FAST bass.Next project is to build a set of horns (the one i built is a prototype out of MDF) and i am going to make a case to enclose the gainclone and P/S into a single cab.
ron

Previous Topic: audio meeting
Next Topic: High Efficiency and Amplification Explained
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 23:45:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers