Home » Audio » Speaker » Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-)
Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19806] Mon, 23 February 2004 20:23 Go to next message
Phil Wilson is currently offline  Phil Wilson
Chancellor
I'll have Akhilesh help me put one of these together and test it out. Sounds like a cool
tweak. Phil.

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19807 is a reply to message #19806] Tue, 24 February 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Phil, I couldn't help myself----I to need to learn how to make these filters too, let's gang up on Akhilesh and see if we can't get a filter class set up ???? Jim

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19808 is a reply to message #19807] Tue, 24 February 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Not a problem, guys. Would be happy to do so, for the price of one barbecue brisket meal from Phil and ...Jim...what culinary areas do you excel in? Let me know when you all want to do so.
-akhilesh

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19809 is a reply to message #19808] Tue, 24 February 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Oh, man, I wish I hadn't read that just now. I haven't had lunch yet and So it's time to run and grab something. And then I read about Phil's brisket.

Phil's brisket is seriously good. I don't know what magic was applied at the meeting to make it taste so good, but man, I can't thnk of a better barbeque I've ever had.

Looks like I'm off to Rib Crib to grab lunch. Not hardly the same thing, but sort of.

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19810 is a reply to message #19806] Tue, 24 February 2004 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Jim and Phil,

I have taken the BSC posting below and expanded it into a four page write-up and uploaded it to my site. Blah blah blah .... You can find it under the General Speaker Related Articles at :

www.quarter-wave.com

I have included a sample calculation and a procedure for tweaking the component values to get the best performance for your speakers and room.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19811 is a reply to message #19809] Wed, 25 February 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's amazing how many audio get togethers are blessed by someone culinary talanted. I went to a get together at Decware last fall and one of the guys fried up some of the best catfish I've ever tasted. My mouth still get's watery thinking about it. The year before, a similar get together in Kentucky was blessed with one of the guys doing a complete catering job, which was excellent! My stomach needs to get out to more audio get togethers, especially the small ones with the personal touch.

Hungry Dave ;^)

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19812 is a reply to message #19811] Wed, 25 February 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
'Bout the best I can do is order in pizza or something. But some of these guys can really cook!

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19813 is a reply to message #19812] Wed, 25 February 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sounds like me, if I held one of our audio meetings it would have to be either ordered pizza or have catering come in.

Bill W.

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19814 is a reply to message #19813] Wed, 25 February 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I hope you host one of the next meetings. I'd like to see your speakers and your system. We can talk about Flight Safety simulator stuff too. Never a dull moment around that place, is there?

Pizza is cool - Maybe we can all pitch in on stuff like that. Pot luck is an OK idea too, but seems like every time, I'd bring like a 12 pack and the host would do everything else. Kind of a lop-sided arrangement. Phil, Mark and Akhilesh each went all out on the refreshments.

I'm anxious for our next get together. The single driver guys are wanting to investigate response tailoring circuits. I think it will be a nice laid back time where Phil, Akhilesh and Jim try different values of L and R and give a listen. If that gets boring, we'll just talk about all the industry gossip we know.

Re: Who are you calling a Nut :-) [message #19815 is a reply to message #19809] Wed, 25 February 2004 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Phil Wilson is currently offline  Phil Wilson
Chancellor
You guys must have just been really hungry that day. Thanks for the compliments, though. I definitely want to do this filter thing soon - I am anxious to learn some of the technical stuff. I want to build a pre-amp sometime this year. By the way, it is cool to see Hurdy Gurdy Man here - I used to spend a lot of time on the Decware Board where HG is legendary.

Previous Topic: JBL sub driver
Next Topic: Hey, Bill M.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 20:22:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout