Home » Audio » Speaker » Cogent True to Life/Welborne Labs
Cogent True to Life/Welborne Labs [message #19186] Thu, 22 March 2007 16:02 Go to next message
blake is currently offline  blake
Chancellor
Did anyone have a chance to hear the Cogent True to Life horn system paired with Welborne Labs amps at the 2006 Rocky Mountain Audiofest?

I've found pictures of them on the web, but not really any reveiws. I was suprised at this as I enjoyed them more than any other room at the event. It was necessary to get the center listening chair, but it was well worth the wait in my opinion.

Anyone else hear them?

Re: Cogent True to Life/Welborne Labs [message #19187 is a reply to message #19186] Thu, 22 March 2007 22:44 Go to previous message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
I've heard the Cogents several times, and agree that they are absolutely magnificent.

At T.H.E. Show 2006 I took my musician son by the Cogent/Welborne room, and let's just say my son isn't exactly a fan of classical music. I don't recall the piece they were playing, but after we left he told me that he could have stayed there all day "...and I don't even like that kind of music!" We weren't even in the sweet spot - we were off to one side.

At the Rocky Mountain show I didn't really get a chance to spend any time in the room - just stuck my head in and said hello, as I had two rooms of my own (never again). But I'm not at all suprised to hear you found the Cogent/Welborne Labs room to be the most enjoyable room at the show.

Duke

Previous Topic: Use of multi-meter for measure impedance of lines Question..
Next Topic: Stupid line array question number 3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 08:03:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout