Home » Audio » Speaker » Any opinions on these cheap waveguides?
Any opinions on these cheap waveguides? [message #18852] Thu, 24 August 2006 18:43 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: Any opinions on these cheap waveguides? [message #18855 is a reply to message #18852] Fri, 25 August 2006 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zobsky is currently offline  zobsky
Baron
I picked up one a few months ago, driven by an eminence PSD2002 compression driver. Not bad, .. a bit "croaky" sounding down at the 1200 - 1600 Hz range, I'm not sure if its the horn or the driver's fault, (I don't really have basis for comparision) otherwise okay crossed over higher though I'm guessing any constant directivity built into it might de-emphasise the treble.

Re: Any opinions on these cheap waveguides? [message #18856 is a reply to message #18852] Sat, 26 August 2006 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
I have a pair but haven't built anything with them. They are not constant directivity devices - the walls are curved, not straight - so I'd be inclined to call them "horns" instead of a "waveguides". I was hoping for an inexpensive constant directivity waveguide.

If you'd be willing to cover the shipping cost, I'll give you my pair. Shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Duke

Re: Any opinions on these cheap waveguides? [message #18860 is a reply to message #18856] Sat, 26 August 2006 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Appreciate the offer but I had the same hope as you.
Make some ashtrays, maybe?

Re: Any opinions on these cheap waveguides? [message #18865 is a reply to message #18860] Sun, 27 August 2006 00:36 Go to previous message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Oh well, I guess my salesmanship skills are pretty poor if I can't even give 'em away.

Since a nice CD waveguide was what you were looking for, may I ask if you've found any elsewhere? I'm using the DDS 10" diameter, 90 degree CD waveguide right now with good results.

Duke

Previous Topic: Lower the crossover, the wider the sound stage?
Next Topic: Jordan Drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 03:43:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout