Home » Audio » Speaker » System Improvement
System Improvement [message #18782] Thu, 22 June 2006 08:23 Go to next message
gfederys is currently offline  gfederys
Baron
WOW, Does anyone want to go in on some?

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina44.htm

Re: System Improvement [message #18783 is a reply to message #18782] Thu, 22 June 2006 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wait an eff'n minute... [message #18784 is a reply to message #18782] Fri, 23 June 2006 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
They're SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OMG!

Re: System Improvement [message #18785 is a reply to message #18782] Fri, 23 June 2006 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I was more interested in the Clever Little Clock they had. Wondering if it has the effect of making ugly people look better when you're at a bar.

Re: System Improvement [message #18786 is a reply to message #18785] Fri, 23 June 2006 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gfederys is currently offline  gfederys
Baron
Only time will tell......

Re: System Improvement [message #18787 is a reply to message #18782] Sun, 25 June 2006 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You guys can laught all you want, but I installed one in the receptacle that my system's power conditioner is plugged into, and my 3 Pi Theater speakers immediately sounded like they had taken on another half octave of bass extension. Recordings old and new sounded fresher, more immediate—more like real music, less like reproductions. The highs became more pristine and extended, with no hint of euphonic rolloff. There was greater clarity throughout the bass region, too, with string bass, bass guitar, timpani, and bass drum better defined. Resolution was enhanced; I was able to hear subtle details that had previously been merely hinted at or even obscured. Instrumental and vocal timbres became more distinctive, and spatial definition was enhanced, the soundstage expanding laterally and in depth. This increase in resolution was not at the cost of reduced smoothness or musicality. Although I could hear more of the recording artifacts, such as added reverb, they were not distracting; music continued to hold center stage. The glass of box wine I had poured earlier began to taste more like a Saint-Emelion grand cru, and my wife, who was sitting on the couch next to me actually began looking sexy to me, so I sent her to the other room so I wouldn't be distracted from the music.

And I Forgot to Mention [message #18788 is a reply to message #18787] Mon, 26 June 2006 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I was so impressed by the improvements this wall plate made to the sound of my system I borrowed my dad's Bose Wave Radio, placed it on the equipment stand, plugged it directly into the wall receptacle, and put a CD on. The Bose plugged into the wall plate actually sounds better than the high end system without the wall plate. Both high and low extension, linearity, and dynamics far exceed the three Pi Theater system. Looks like I'll be selling my Audio Mirror amps, Lite Audio DAC-60, and Pi speakers. Also, in addition to making cheap box wine taste like a $100 bottle it improved the gas mileage on my car, and my bad knee isn't hurting as much either when the weather changes.

Re: And I Forgot to Mention [message #18789 is a reply to message #18788] Mon, 26 June 2006 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: System Improvement [message #18790 is a reply to message #18782] Wed, 05 July 2006 05:10 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi,
I saw the acoustics products on the website and they seemed to me a little bit crude, and I doubt about the sub-hertz ressonances. We know that "almost" all of that can be measured. I don't expect that from some of the products. There is also phycho-acoustics involved (or what one' believes). The Aeronautics background from the staff can be a plus and the development involved can be something of value. I expect to see some technical development from all of that. Also when I see or read about a product I like to know about the materials used in it's "confection", "special audiophile-grade cover" (what) does not seem to be the case in this duplex cover.
Regards and good luck for the website if it is genuine and not a SCAM.

Previous Topic: FredT -MLTL Bipole speaker impressions
Next Topic: Line Array versus Point Source Kits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 22:39:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout