Home » Audio » Speaker » Two way- conventional and coaxial
Re: Two way- conventional and coaxial [message #18725 is a reply to message #18724] Thu, 20 April 2006 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GM is currently offline  GM
Viscount
Greets!

You're welcome! What did I forget?

GM

Re: Two way- conventional and coaxial [message #18726 is a reply to message #18725] Thu, 20 April 2006 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Not sure if you forgot anything at all. Now that I've taken an interest in coaxials, I just have to learn all I can about them. I did the same with single fullrange drivers a few years back.

A while back I recall reading where some types of coaxials experience a narrow but rather deep notch in the highs. I have measured a notch like this on the 15 inch coaxial I have now. It's at 10 kHz. Seems like I read it had something to do with phase cancelation. I don't remember where I read this and was only mildly interested at the time. Know anything about this?

Dave

Re: Two way- conventional and coaxial [message #18727 is a reply to message #18726] Thu, 20 April 2006 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GM is currently offline  GM
Viscount
Greets!

Most compression drivers have a strong HF standing waves in its phase plug's channels just like in a BR's vent, varying depending on design, so you get a null, then a peak before the final roll off in a plane wave tube measurement. How it performs attached to a horn depends on its design.

GM

Re: Two way- conventional and coaxial [message #18728 is a reply to message #18727] Fri, 21 April 2006 08:06 Go to previous message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks. That makes sense. Explains some of the things I've measured in other horn tweeters, also.

Dave

Previous Topic: array impedance
Next Topic: Neo8 vs. HI-VI RT8-II 8"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 17:45:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers