Home » Audio » Speaker » These are magnificent, Altec that is.....
Re: Sweet! [message #18485 is a reply to message #18477] Tue, 24 January 2006 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
If you are right next to the cabinets, you can tell there are some scratches. The grill and cloth are perfect. I have yet to open the backs, but I did see picts from Tim right after he got them - closest I've ever been to virgin teritory........

Re: 7?? [message #18486 is a reply to message #18484] Wed, 25 January 2006 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: 7?? [message #18487 is a reply to message #18486] Wed, 25 January 2006 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Colin,

At Bill's age you know he can't count that high anymore!

Ron

What a score Colin, [message #18488 is a reply to message #18483] Wed, 25 January 2006 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Not only did you wind up with these beautiful speakers, but got a pair of A7 cabinets in the bargain. Did you get drivers to go with the A7's as well?
It is good to have guys like Ron around that likes to collect and experiement with all these speakers. It is also, lucky that guys like you are around to get a chance to take a few of their, been there done that, clean out items to experiment with yourselves.
I have seen some pictures of Rons basement speaker storage locker. But, it looks as if he has accumulated much more than that, since they are making there way to the garage and on to your pick-up.
I have enjoyed the Norelco 9762M fullrange drivers that I bought from Ron. This has helped me to continue down the fullrange path. Thanks Ron for your help and inspiration to us that have not experienced the speakers that you have. Many of us are learning from those experiences.
Ron, you truely have earned your moniker, Spkrman57.
Enjoy, you lucky person.
Norris

Re: Beautiful! [message #18489 is a reply to message #18479] Wed, 25 January 2006 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Thanks Ron for the model numbers for the drivers.

Now, if I could figure out a way of how to get to one of your spring speaker cleanings.

But, the drive from Oklahoma would be long, and I don't think I could get many of the speakers that you have in my Altima. But I could give it a hell of a try, even if I have to bring a rope and a matress to tie them down on top with.

Hey, just setting down and cracking open a few beers with you, and being able to listen to your system and learn from you, would be worth the drive.

I hope you guys can make it down to GPAF this May?

It will be fun!

Norris

Re: What a score Colin, [message #18490 is a reply to message #18488] Wed, 25 January 2006 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks Norris!

How about coming up to Ohio and help me make some room to assemble my latest Edgarhorn system and JBL 18" sub in 9 cu ft cabs!

You know you should come and visit, I still have some free stuff suitable for DIY to build up your collection!

Ron

Re: These are magnificent, Altec that is..... [message #18494 is a reply to message #18475] Fri, 27 January 2006 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GM is currently offline  GM
Viscount
Greets!

FYI, here's a nice Altec site with a short pictorial of converting early 825 cabs to Magnificents loaded with somewhat later model components:

GM

Re: These are magnificent, Altec that is..... [message #18504 is a reply to message #18494] Sun, 29 January 2006 12:06 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I always enjoy looking a Wardsweb's site. His workmanship is second-to-none. How he does it? I don't know. An inspiration to all of the DIY community.......

Previous Topic: Parts Express Eminence "Factory Buyouts"
Next Topic: Dipoles and directivity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:29:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout