Home » Audio » Speaker » eminence beta12CX
Re: Good link for lots of artists [message #18468 is a reply to message #18466] Fri, 20 January 2006 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So; what have you found that you liked on that site?

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18469 is a reply to message #18467] Fri, 20 January 2006 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's a few of places to find some real traditional stuff.

http://www.greenlinnet.com/

http://www.rounder.com/

http://www.fellside.com/

There were some more I was thinking of, but they seem to have gone under.
A Thistle and Shamrock is a good place to hear celtic type folk music. Another NPR show is The Folk Sampler, with more Appalachian type and other non-Celtic music. I have also heard Celtic Connections and Our Front Porch, which are available on some NPR stations.

I know a lot of sites with lyrics, but not so many with recordings for sale. I usually look up individual artists and order from whatever they have available. Some of these people are pretty obscure and can't be found on most record sales inventory.
I sugest going to a few folk/bluegrass/celtic festivals and get an idea of what's happening in this type of music to get some ideas. Besides, the live acoustic jams are great!

Dave

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18470 is a reply to message #18469] Fri, 20 January 2006 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Dave Thats great stuff. Appreciate it.

well, I took the plunge [message #18471 is a reply to message #18446] Fri, 20 January 2006 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
and bought one. I'm going to try to use it in a different application though. It's going into what I now use as my stereo/guitar aplifier. It's my practise amp and it has a CD/MD input on the front of it. All of the music I listen to comes from this thing since I moved to California and I'm just hoping that this will make it sound considerably better. I live in an apartment and left my tools and various relatives' houses in Ohio. I'll have to have someone build my cabinets. It should be interesting. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I have only a couple screw drivers and mechanics tools. Oh yes, I'm getting married soon so WAF will now enter my life. Thanks Hurdy-gurdy man, that website is sweet! Those are just the speakers I've been looking for.

Re: well, I took the plunge [message #18472 is a reply to message #18471] Fri, 20 January 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I bet they'd sound good in a guitar amp. They'll be a very responsive speaker.

Dave

Re: Good link for lots of artists [message #18473 is a reply to message #18468] Sat, 21 January 2006 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip is currently offline  Skip
Chancellor
Josh Fixx and the Furious Force (varied rock)
Jolie Holland (jazzy folkie)

Skip

Re: Good link for lots of artists [message #18474 is a reply to message #18468] Mon, 23 January 2006 08:40 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Lots.
The cool thing is to explore & discover talented new artists.
THe "sounds like" search function is great.
I just got an album by a dude called Jude (who sings in a high pitched voice, but good lyrics)
and another called dead lovers society by Lucien Desar, which is really good.
If you like Jazz, but can;t stand the syrupy voices of the current divas, try out lush life (the album) as well some lady (forget her name) and her YES MEn.
Also discoverd a lot of local talent on there.

ALl in all a great site, where the artist gets to keep the majority of the money (at least so far...i hope the owner does not get greedy).
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Low frequency Xmax
Next Topic: Line array madness
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 03:20:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers