Home » Audio » Speaker » eminence beta12CX
Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18442 is a reply to message #18441] Tue, 17 January 2006 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
>Your ears will tell you when it's right
Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18443 is a reply to message #18442] Tue, 17 January 2006 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Carefull; thats heresy in some parts around here.

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18444 is a reply to message #18443] Tue, 17 January 2006 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
>Carefull; thats heresy in some parts around here.
Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18445 is a reply to message #18444] Wed, 18 January 2006 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
And so whats wrong with that? I need to vent here. How can a person dismiss the perception of quality sound heard by guys; like yourself, who know music; as a bias because maybe it doesn't correlate with some measured spec?
Thats beyond me. Like dismissing all tube amps and people who like them as simpleminded children fascinated by the glowing bulbs but completely incapable of making a reasoned judgement of the sound because they are captivated by the glow.

Also; can you re-post your website on the music forum for us? Thanks.

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18446 is a reply to message #18445] Wed, 18 January 2006 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
>And so whats wrong with that? I need to vent here. How can a person dismiss the perception of quality sound heard by guys; like yourself, who know music; as a bias because maybe it doesn't correlate with some measured spec?
Thats beyond me. Like dismissing all tube amps and people who like them as simpleminded children fascinated by the glowing bulbs but completely incapable of making a reasoned judgement of the sound because they are captivated by the glow.

Also; can you re-post your website on the music forum for us? Thanks

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18449 is a reply to message #18431] Wed, 18 January 2006 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
the thing i found most inpressive about them was the way that every instrument sounds like it does in the real world--meaning that they have the proper weight and balance. The treble doesn't seem artificially inflated and pronounced. They retain their dynamics at high volumes--louder than I'll ever need. They just sound natural and coherent, but they cost too much money for me to afford.

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18450 is a reply to message #18433] Wed, 18 January 2006 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
those look great! I want open baffles. I have a set of JBL open baffle speakers I made and they are my second favorite speaker I ever heard--and the drivers only cost me $10 each! My favorite being Tannoys. Do you really get the crossover and compression driver when you buy those Hawthorne drivers? The price seems impossible for that.

those look great! I'm impressed!--nt [message #18451 is a reply to message #18435] Wed, 18 January 2006 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
nt

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18452 is a reply to message #18446] Wed, 18 January 2006 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
How can we say this; even though as a muscician you may not care about playback, I would think that your training and constant application would qualify your ears to tell when something sounds good or doesn't were you to be asked seriously.
I know; believe me most musicians could care less about expensive or high quality audio. But they can tell if something sounds good or not; otherwise, how could they play?

Re: eminence beta12CX [message #18453 is a reply to message #18446] Wed, 18 January 2006 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Viscount
I was an audiophile before i was a musician. What you say is right--I have many musician friend's who like my playback system, but don't care to have anything like it. They are happy with their sony "plastic stereo in a box," and still enjoy picking on the performance of the musicians. I guess I can't hear as well as the average musician because I need a good playback system to really hear the performance. Though I can still appreciate a good performance on a bad stereo, but I always want to take the media home and try again.(big smile)

Previous Topic: Low frequency Xmax
Next Topic: Line array madness
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 10:19:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout