Home » Audio » Speaker » Why phase reversal Hornresp
Re: Why phase reversal Hornresp [message #18364 is a reply to message #18323] Fri, 23 December 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David McBean is currently offline  David McBean
Esquire
Coolin,

Hornresp phase response results are entirely consistent with those published by Marshall Leach in "Introduction to Electroacoustics and Audio Amplifier Design".

Hornresp Version 8.30 to be released on New Year's Day will generate both phase response and group delay charts.

David McBean

Re: Waveguide Theory, of course [message #18371 is a reply to message #18338] Thu, 29 December 2005 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
majestik6 is currently offline  majestik6
Esquire

Dr Geddes,

While I agree that the math is alarmingly complicated, building a waveguide isn't particularly complex. Just calculate the curve in Excel, plot the pieces with any drawing program, and you're ready to start building them up. I prefer to build them out of fiberglass composites, but building them out of wood isn't out of the question either.

PB

Re: Waveguide Theory, of course [message #18373 is a reply to message #18371] Thu, 29 December 2005 21:11 Go to previous message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
As any good consultant will tell you, its the details that matter. There are a great many "details" that I have learned along the way that make a big difference. Like, for instance, the exit angle for a compression driver is never 0°.

Anyway, good luck to you, but please remember that things may not always be as easy as they seem.

Previous Topic: Ping Earl Geddees!
Next Topic: Zaph Audio Seas L18 / Seas 27TBFGC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:40:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout