Home » Audio » Speaker » Thanks Spkerman57!
Thanks Spkerman57! [message #18223] Tue, 01 November 2005 19:22 Go to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Had a great evening visiting w/Ron, aka spkerman57 at his place in Columbus. Those who have had the opportunity to visit know what I mean when I say...wow. First off, he has a virtual audio museum of parts, amps, cabinets, it goes on and on.. secondly, great time listening to some awesome horns. While I'd be sleeping on the sofa for a very long time if I tried to duplicate his system in my house, it still sounded outstanding. Now if only I could have hidden some of those 2226's in my car before leaving... anyway, thanks Ron. Great fun!

Survived visit to spkrman57's house! [message #18224 is a reply to message #18223] Wed, 02 November 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Steve,

Glad to add another great Ohio audiophile to the list. Maybe some of the others will chime in here to relate their experiences.

We will soon draft up plans for your future speaker system. I think it will be what you are looking for!

Thanks for the kind words!

Ron

Re: Thanks Spkerman57! [message #18225 is a reply to message #18223] Wed, 02 November 2005 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Glad to see you made it over to Ron's house. The first time I went I was pretty blown away (pun intended) by both the amount of stuff he's managed to accumulate and his system.

Did Ron manage to convince you that horns can sound pretty nice? Ron's collection is nice in that lenses and drivers can be swapped easily for easy comparison.

I know what you mean be sleeping on the sofa. My wife still has not forgiven Ron for the A7 cabs w/511b horns (and the cool 1950s 9 cubic foot sub cab w/ dual 15s.) She not so jokingly refers to Ron as the "loser."

I'd like to see a wrongsideofthetracks meet in the next month or so. It would be help in Columbus. Are you up for it?......Colin

Re: Thanks Spkerman57! [message #18226 is a reply to message #18225] Thu, 03 November 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Colin, yes, love to get together. Ron did demo some nice horns. I'd like to try some in my setting to see how they'd sound. Mabye I can convince him to at least cart over some horns and we can toss them on top of some bass speakers here (not that I have anything that can compete, but might be okay for demo).

Re: Thanks Spkerman57! [message #18227 is a reply to message #18226] Thu, 03 November 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Steve,

I will set you up with a prototype sample for you to borrow and try out and see what you think. Actually in a larger room and 9 watts vs my 2 watts should work well with my standard 2-way.

I will start working on that this weekend. I will need some more input from you as I go along so we can tailor this system toward something you want to use for the long run.

If you like what you hear you can build your own cabinets to house them.

Most everyone that knows me will tell you I build good sounding systems, but most of them are ugly, my emphasis is on the sound reproduction. You make it beautiful to finish it off!

Ron

wrongsideofthetracks fest [message #18229 is a reply to message #18227] Thu, 03 November 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ron, We talked the other night about getting together for a little fest. Think we can nail a date down pretty soon? I would vote for the weekend before Thanksgiving. Let's get Bill, Tim and Steve (others?) to give some input.......Colin

Re: wrongsideofthetracks fest [message #18230 is a reply to message #18229] Thu, 03 November 2005 13:56 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Gang!

Let's move this thread to the "General" forum where it really belongs!

I will start a thread with same title:

"wrongsideofthe tracks"

and we will continue on with this.

I am thinking that I should be the POC (point of contact) for this event for now, that could change in the future.

Regards, Ron

Previous Topic: Lowther EX-2 installed
Next Topic: Need Opinions on a Open Baffle Linear Array
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:08:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers