Home » Audio » Speaker » Vott 210 and slot cars
Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17570] Sun, 20 February 2005 07:46 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Holy crap! take a look over at the altec site under "altec 210 vott photo phun".......Pi 7 on hold I think I want a 1/32 scale track! Great another expensive hobby!

Russellc

Re: Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17571 is a reply to message #17570] Sun, 20 February 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This I gotta see. Can you point me in the right driection with a link please?

Re: Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17572 is a reply to message #17571] Wed, 23 February 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
YES, you must see it. Go to the great plaines sight, and then click on altec users forum, post is called VOTT 210 photo phun. I just bought a big set off ebay!

Amazing,
russellc

Re: Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17590 is a reply to message #17572] Sun, 27 February 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
I can't find this, and I am most interested. You see I also have a 1/32 scale RC track in my basement. I have been racing thse cars for severeal years now and I am totally adicted. Its not really that expensive, but it does take some room. Anyone interested in how to build a really great track, contact me.

Re: Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17593 is a reply to message #17590] Mon, 28 February 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, go to the great plaines audio site (Altec repair and sales of there version of altec drivers, very nice) scroll down to the altec forum, then go to a post entitled Photo phun with VOTT 210, or something like that. There is tons of stuff on the web apparently the slot car craze is being rekindled by those of us who were into it as kids, and many new people a well. I just bought two big sets to combine for a giagantic 4- lane...I can almost smell the wintergreen oil!

Russellc

Re: Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17594 is a reply to message #17593] Mon, 28 February 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The site is www.greatplainsaudio.com Then scroll down to the forum, enter and look for the above post. Unreal pictures1

russellc

Re: Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17595 is a reply to message #17593] Mon, 28 February 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
I must be stupid or something because I still can't find it.

But anyways, I am NOT talking about slot cars. Tose aren't any fun. I am talking about precision RC cars that don't run in slots - they go anywhere. They small, run on batteries (so they can be used in doors), are very very precise and very fast. They make slot cars look like kids stuff. The cars are not toys and can can be pricy $80 - $150, but they are well made, very durable, and last a long time. They are not easy to drive - it takes some time. Look up Mini-Z by Koyosho. They are not very common in the US and can be hard to find, but in Asia, where I first saw them, they are a rage.

Re: Vott 210 and slot cars [message #17623 is a reply to message #17595] Wed, 02 March 2005 07:32 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I've seen them and they are as you say. that being said, I just am not into R/C stuff. Slot cars are a little more advanced than what you say...there are ho scale cars that cost the money you're talking about, and 1/24 scale full on cars can go beyond that pricing (80- 150 bucks) I've some friends into the rc cars, it just isn't my bag. Their cars are quite a bit larger than 1/24 scale, and cost is WAY beyond 150.00. A couple of guys had some cars with gas powered motors (model airplane, but large) with miniature centrifical clutches like old mini bikes and go carts. Just a preference, but I always prefered control line airplanes to r/c as well. The main thing about the article was this guys use of the VOTT speakers (210) as a "table" for his track.

russellc

Previous Topic: correction of high freq(206e in a Jeriko)
Next Topic: Distortion mechanisms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:24:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout