Home » Audio » General » Texas Audio Club meeting
Texas Audio Club meeting [message #1739] Fri, 20 May 2005 06:15 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Who all is going to the Texas Audio Club meeting at Jim River's house on June 11th? How many of the Tulsa gang are going? I'm just wondering, cause I'd like to get a plan together. Jim Denton and I are talking about riding our motorcycles down, and I'd like that. I think Texas has a helmut law though, at least they used to when Ann Richards was governor. That sux. Anyway, sound off if you plan to be there.

Re: Texas Audio Club meeting [message #1740 is a reply to message #1739] Fri, 20 May 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Yeah, that dang Texas law does suck!!! Just think ---here is a state so Stupid as to think they are trying to protect the brains of a bunch of goof-ball Texans that have so little gray-goo to begin with------which then makes me ponder the Wonderful State of Okie-do do---which has No "brain bucket" law whatsoever----can we suppose from the lack there of that the State Government has even less regard to the craiums and the contents thereof than do those Tex-Mexian's south of the muddy Red???? They make ya were a seat belt don't they?

Re: Texas Audio Club meeting [message #1741 is a reply to message #1739] Fri, 20 May 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Someone can volunteer to drive as "sweeper" with the motorcyles ---if ya can keep up that is....heh heh heh......

Re: Texas Audio Club meeting [message #1742 is a reply to message #1740] Fri, 20 May 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Not that funny! [message #1743 is a reply to message #1742] Sat, 21 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
When I was hit by the Metro-Dade Bus #1042 and thrown through the air about 20 feet I was riding a Basso Tre Tubi frame with (old)Super Record Grupo and Mavic clinchers, i.e, a bicycle going about 24 MPH.
My Bell Helmet saved my life.
And you don't want to wear a helmet when your going 75? Just to have the wind in your thinning hair?
My one and only Motorcycle accident involved dumping my 650 BSA Gold Star on some ice as I was pulling off the road going maybe 5 MPH. Went down on my knee; took off all the skin down to the bone in less than a second.
And you don't want to wear a helmet at 75?

Re: Not that funny! [message #1744 is a reply to message #1743] Sat, 21 May 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I never liked helmets. It's like riding with a blindfold and earmuffs.

Re: Not that funny! [message #1745 is a reply to message #1744] Sat, 21 May 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master

Standing on the seat with one leg, blind folded wearing earmuffs, with your body tuned backward, not wearing a helmet going 85 miles per hour.

Seriously, we take our life in hand every moment of every day, we should be safe if we do not throw caution to the wind.

Some people believe in faith.

Norris

Helmet Law in Texas [message #1850 is a reply to message #1739] Sun, 05 June 2005 21:52 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I just checked, and Texas doesn't require a helmet anymore. So any of you planning to ride from Oklahoma might be interested to know that.

Previous Topic: Why would anyone buy "readi-made"?
Next Topic: A7's and 515g's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:05:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout