Home » Audio » General » Happy Friday the 13th!
Happy Friday the 13th! [message #1705] Fri, 13 May 2005 01:38 Go to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

Enjoy this Friday the 13th with a set of Xindak interconnects, supplied by our gracious benefactor, Colin Hester. The person making the 40,000th post takes them home. You'll get a PC-03 power cable, a pair of AC-01 interconnects and a pair of SC-01 speaker cables. They're really nice, that's for sure. To make this even cooler, CryoParts has agreed to do their Cryo treatment on these cables for the game winner, free of charge. We're pretty close to the 40,000th post right now, so the winner of the 40,000th post game is soon to own these. Happy Friday the 13th!

Re: Happy Friday the 13th! [message #1706 is a reply to message #1705] Fri, 13 May 2005 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This has been a GREAT Friday XIII for me and hope the same to you-all.
Did I win?

I met the prize donor! [message #1707 is a reply to message #1706] Sat, 14 May 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't know about the prize, but I had a good Friday the 13th with a visit from Colin to visit the museum and chat some about audio.

Colin is a great guy and a pleasure to meet. Those of you who know me also know I could talk someones ear off. Well, Colin survived that too!

Nice to meet another Ohio audiophile.

Thanks for the visit Colin!!!

Ron

Got schooled yesterday. [message #1708 is a reply to message #1707] Sat, 14 May 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)

Well, I thought I knew a thing or two about audio equipment - until yesterday. Ron was a most gracious host. I spent about 4 hours with him, and he did indeed show me the museum. Let's just say not many people use speaker cabs as bed frames because they have run out of room elsewhere.

We spent most of the time just sitting and listening to tunes and talking (OK, Ron did the talking) I was pretty much in awe of his system and the music it was able to reproduce with such ease. I's gotts to get me some horns.

Here's a picture of Ron in front of one of the three systems he hooked up. I cannot wait until the next time I get to visit

PS. Don't EVER ask this guy for directions

Re: Got schooled yesterday. [message #1709 is a reply to message #1708] Sat, 14 May 2005 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Looks like a great time!

Re: Got schooled yesterday. [message #1710 is a reply to message #1708] Sun, 15 May 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Big high efficiency 2+ways?

Re: Got schooled yesterday. [message #1711 is a reply to message #1708] Sun, 15 May 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Colin,

Glad you enjoyed your visit and I can't wait for you to come back and take some cabinets off my hands.

Next time I might be able to talk some of the other local audiophiles into coming over so I don't monopolize the conversation and you could get some other viewpoints on this great(and frustrating at times) hobby.

Of course, some say it can consume you and make you fill the house to the top with gear/speakers!

Of course, I don't know what they are talking about! LOL !!!

And yes Colin, directions are not my best forte, sorry if I got you lost!!!

Ron

Re: Got schooled yesterday. [message #1712 is a reply to message #1711] Sun, 15 May 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'd love to take some cabs off your hands. Again, your generosity is greatly appreciated. I'll pay you back by helping you finish your basement. I'm not much of a drywaller, but I can frame a little and I do killer trim work. Just let me know when you're ready to start.

My kids are out of school in a couple of weeks, so my schedule frees up greatly after that. Again, just let me know and I'm there. Maybe next time it won't be raining so hard (and I'll have the window fixed.) Right after I left your house I went to the UDF on Noe Bixby and got gas. Luckily there was a real nice man there that gave me directions (straight down Noe Bixby and right on Main.) As soon as I got on I-270 the bottom fell out of the sky. I must have seen 200+ lightning strikes (some pretty damn close) by the time I hit I-71.

Thanks for everything.......Colin

Re: Got schooled yesterday. [message #1713 is a reply to message #1712] Sun, 15 May 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Colin,

Looking forward to you and others helping me clear out my house to make room for my primary and secondary audio systems.

I have plenty of cabinets folks, stop by and help me get rid of them.

Ron

Big high efficiency 2+ways [message #1714 is a reply to message #1710] Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
mike.e,

4 pi-pro using JBL 3677 cabinets(meant as surrounds in IMAX theaters), I just put my crossovers on top with push-in terminals for quick change of horns/drivers so I can make comparisons quickly while the previous horns image is still in my mind.

With the Pi crossover, the resistor network makes it easy to disconnect the horns without tunring the amps off as it loads the crossover when the horns are removed.

As long as you don't short the wires coming from the crossover HF output there is not harm to anything.

Disclaimer: Don't do this on any other types of crossovers, especially 2nd order as this could cause problems back to the amp.

Ron

Previous Topic: Lone Star Bottleheads - June 11
Next Topic: Can a old pre HK 725 be adapted with a motorized pot?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:35:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio