Home » Audio » Speaker » Eminence chrome label
Eminence chrome label [message #17044] Tue, 05 October 2004 10:12 Go to next message
Mason is currently offline  Mason
Esquire
Greetings, I just bought some Eminence speakers and they have a chrome label on the magnet. Last ones I bought didn't, and I vaguely remember hearing that Eminence had changed their speakers in the last year or two.
Did they change specs or just appearance? Thanks in advance, Mason

Re: Eminence chrome label [message #17045 is a reply to message #17044] Tue, 05 October 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Gentry is currently offline  Tom Gentry
Esquire
Eminence chrome label speakers are different than the earlier ones. I spoke with Wayne Parham (sponsor of the Pi forum here) about this very thing not more than a week ago. He said there was enough difference in chrome-backed speakers that he had to make some minor design changes of some sort. Wayne has kept a close eye on Eminence models and changes over the years, so you might talk to him about specific details. (Pi gets great prices on Eminence speakers too, by the way.)

From what I understand, Eminence is kind of fickle about the way they talk about product changes. Sometimes they don't admit to changing, other times they talk about how changes have evolved and improved their speakers. What I'm told is that Eminence keeps specs of the updated models compatible with the older ones. In that sense, the speakers are the same. They have made improvements though, mostly in the voice coil for power handling, I think. There may be other side effects. See the link or write on the Pi forum for more details.

Re: Eminence chrome label [message #17048 is a reply to message #17045] Wed, 06 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the mention. The specific page that shows what speakers were changed for 2004 is shown below. It is a list of drivers having parameter updates to be used in Eminence's version of BassBox, the Eminence Designer.

Wayne

Previous Topic: Basshorn driver specs
Next Topic: Horn length (revisited)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 06:02:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers