Home » Audio » Speaker » High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston
High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16757] Sun, 01 August 2004 19:52 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
A few flea power amp / high efficiency speaker enthusiasts are getting together at my house in NW Houston on Saturday August 14 from noon 'till to listen to some speakers. The ones I know we will have to listen to are: A 95dB Linus 2 line array, a 96dB diy line array, 95 dB Fostex Fe166E Voigt pipes, a 92dB Eros MKII built from plans on the speakerbuilder net (not exactly high efficiency but they sound really good with a 300B amp), and 97dB Hammer Dynamics 12's with Fostex horn supertweeters.

Everyone who can make it is invited along with any high efficiency speakers they can bring. I'll provide the ice cold beer, soft drinks, snacks, etc. Wives and girlfriends are invited too. Email me at fredaudio@houston.rr.com for directions.

Pictures of some of the speakers we will hear are at http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/174313

Re: High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16758 is a reply to message #16757] Sun, 01 August 2004 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If possible, please post photos of the get together afterwards for those who can't attend. It's nice to put some faces with the names of everybody here. Great to see the gear too.

Re: High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16759 is a reply to message #16758] Sun, 01 August 2004 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'll do it.

Re: High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16760 is a reply to message #16759] Sun, 01 August 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If you're interested, you might check with Frank Stuppel and see if he'll send the Stoetkit demo unit down for your club meeting. We had it at a recent audio club meeting in Tulsa, and it is a really good little amp. It was very popular at the meeting. Frank will send it to you for the asking, so if you think you might be interested, check the FSAudio forum for details.

Re: High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16761 is a reply to message #16760] Mon, 02 August 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Our next regular Lone Star Bottlehead meeting, which is scheduled for the 2nd Sat in September in North Dallas, will be a better venue. I will contact Frank about taking the demo Stoekit if it's available within that time window.

Also, North Dallas is so close to Tulsa that you and any other tube loving Tulsans should plan to come. If you could do it, toss a pair of Pi Speakers into the van and bring them to the meeting - we have heard many other brands and design alignments at our meetings, but never a pair of Pi's. Details, pictures of past meetings, and directions at http://wardsweb.org/LSB/

Re: High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16762 is a reply to message #16761] Mon, 02 August 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'd love to come to one of your Dallas get togethers. And you're cordially invited to the Tulsa meetings too!

Re: High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16764 is a reply to message #16757] Tue, 03 August 2004 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Would you like me to bring my Fe-206e horns and gainclone down? I am about 3 hrs out of houston.Have to find a truck for the horns.
ron

Re: High Efficiency Speaker Get Together Aug 14 in Houston [message #16785 is a reply to message #16764] Fri, 06 August 2004 18:13 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes. The horns would be nice. If you can't find a truck come in your car and bring the gainclones. I set the starting time for noon, but that's just a guideline. For anyone coming from out of town, I know it's hard to time your trip, so if you get to Houston early come on over anytime after 10:00.

Previous Topic: Driver spacing... Pro stuff
Next Topic: Bill have you ever had the chance to have a manufacturer costume build you a driver for your horns ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 22:35:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio