Home » Audio » General » Might be amusing
Might be amusing [message #1673] Sat, 07 May 2005 11:17 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I hesitate to mention this but I found it funny. A certain R the cat has his own forum. There are about 50 posts on this forum; and they are all from him. Then it has different sub-forum headings; with many posts; all from him. He's his own best friend.
He even answers his own posts.
I think he even disagrees with himself on ocassion.

Re: Might be amusing [message #1674 is a reply to message #1673] Sat, 07 May 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
I've seen R the cat's good time web forum, it defnintely caters to a party of one. My very first post on another forum was subjected to R the cat jumping all over me like a fat juicy mouse in disagreement.
I am all for a good discussion about the merits of a subject based on anyone experiences. But the fat cat just likes to pounce with all four feet, usually based solely on opinion, not always the facts.
No matter how open and even handed his opponents discussion is, he has to be right no matter what, he is usually just negative with an axe to grind.
Possibly he will reap his negative bias returned to him three fold, I for one, do not miss him.
Norris Wilson

Re: Might be amusing [message #1675 is a reply to message #1674] Sat, 07 May 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah he can be hard to take; There is a little buzz on that RIAA circuit he built though. It uses those adjustable air caps, the Vane type.

Re: Might be amusing [message #1676 is a reply to message #1673] Sat, 07 May 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Maybe he will ban himself from his own forum.

But you have to admit, when he jumped on some of the purists and know-it-alls at the AA Hi-Eff forum it did get kinda entertaining. I thought he was pretty funny at times.

Re: Might be amusing [message #1677 is a reply to message #1676] Sat, 07 May 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I did too at first. Then I realized that when I silently approved of attacks made against those I didn't agree with, and verbally opposed attacks made against people or ideas I respected, then I was actually adding to the problem instead of doing something that might have made things better. Still, I agree with you that the antics were sometimes hilarious. It's just too bad they weren't done in a better spirit, then it would have been a good time.

Re: Might be amusing [message #1678 is a reply to message #1677] Sat, 07 May 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I don't respond to personal attacks. I don't respond, I don't care, I make note of who is attacking, and treat them as if they don't exist. Basically there are a few people who I will not exchange posts/e-mails with anymore. Magnatar and Kloss are on my banned list. If the personal attacks continue, I just stop posting on that forum and move on. Other forums are much more civil due to strict admin.

Re: Might be amusing [message #1679 is a reply to message #1678] Sat, 07 May 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You're a pretty level-headed guy and have always seemed to stay above the fray. I've always respected you for that. There are others in this field like that, but I think many have a difficult time keeping their passions in check. Some of the folks around here have done a lot of work and are understandably very proud of the results of their efforts.

Re: Might be amusing [message #1680 is a reply to message #1679] Sat, 07 May 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know; to me it seems adults should be able to get rowdy in an adult manner now and then. He just lobs lame insults so it has no humor or integrity to it and therefor is just a waste of bandwidth. If the best you can come up with is to offer an insult then you're a moron.
Disagreeing vehemently and pointing out the foibles of personality traits can be done out of respect providing it acknowledges the existence of those same traits in everyone.

You have to admit if it gets too dry then it isn't a forum anymore it's a trade journal.
Wayne hit the nail on the head once before when he said that posts are hard to interpret; not having the emotional and physical cues you would have in person.

Re: Might be amusing [message #1681 is a reply to message #1679] Sat, 07 May 2005 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Wayne,

As much as I love audio and speaker design, as much as I wish I could spend 8 hours a day working on speakers (instead of just thinking about them), as much as I wish I could spend a hour or two every evening enjoying music played on my own speakers, I do recognize at this point in time it is still a hobby and there are more important things in life. You have to keep things in perspective and only sweat the stuff that will impact your life. I have a wife, three little kids, a career (who am I kidding, I got a job), and a house that always needs something done, and I definitely don't need or have time for some fool pissing me off and wasting my energy on a pointless arguement. I express my opinion just once so the fool can take it or leave it. It is easy when you look at it that way and really don't care what the fool at AA (or some other forum) thinks or does, he is still a fool.

How is that for an attitude?

Martin

Several boards have banned him... [message #1682 is a reply to message #1673] Sat, 07 May 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Todd W. White is currently offline  Todd W. White
Chancellor
I had to ban that guy from my Altec User's Board.

He'd already been banned from Don McRitchie's Lansing Forums, too...

He's got problems...

Previous Topic: To All the Dear Mothers of You Mutha's...
Next Topic: An observation from GPAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:03:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout