Home » Audio » Speaker » Help with 2235
Help with 2235 [message #16614] Wed, 16 June 2004 20:38 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I got a pair of JBL 2235H and had a chance to hook them up for a listen. The drivers were connected to the amp via an 800Hz crossover. One of them sounds great, but I'm having problems with the other.

Even at moderate levels, the driver is buzzing and cracking with bass notes. It sounds like the cone (or whatever is attached to the cone) is hitting something. Any idea what could be wrong?

thanks,
gcl.

Re: Help with 2235 [message #16615 is a reply to message #16614] Wed, 16 June 2004 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Very nice drivers! good score.
Sounds like bad news. Lots of good guys out there to do a recone for you. Blown, voice coil rub, debris in the gap. If its dirt it might get better with some use but thats slim. Seriously though, your in a big metro area so hunt down a good pro audio or speaker shop and let them have a look at it for you.

Bill

Re: Help with 2235 [message #16616 is a reply to message #16614] Thu, 17 June 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, Bill's right. You'll need to have the buzzing speaker reconed.

If you don't have a JBL factory authorized service center in your city, please check with Larry at Approved Audio Service. He'll get you fixed up, good as new.

Re: Help with 2235 [message #16617 is a reply to message #16615] Fri, 18 June 2004 08:11 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I just called a few place in Toronto, and the funny thing is, they all outsource cone repairs to one guy. Even Westbury, the biggest pro shop here sends it out to Bob Santon.

Rather than speculate what's wrong with the cone, I'm bring it to Bob for a look next week.

Gar.

Previous Topic: RSC Speakers
Next Topic: 2nd order...what the doctor ordered?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 23:56:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio