Home » Audio » Speaker » Unity Horns - What Happened to Them??
Unity Horns - What Happened to Them?? [message #16450] Tue, 11 May 2004 22:30 Go to next message
Carl Huff is currently offline  Carl Huff
Esquire
What is going on with 'unity horns'? They caught my attention awhile ago when I lacked time to investigate them and now that I have time they seem to have dissappeared? What is the story? Please soembody fill me in. I'd really like to experiment with them in the next few months.

Re: Unity Horns - What Happened to Them?? [message #16452 is a reply to message #16450] Wed, 12 May 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
They arnt being sold anymore to DIYers but you can still make one for yourself if you can get it right. Or you might check out Yorkvilles Unity Horn (uses three midrange drivers and compression driver on a round conical horn), based on Tom Danleys design.

Re: Unity Horns - What Happened to Them?? [message #16453 is a reply to message #16450] Wed, 12 May 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Sheerin is currently offline  John Sheerin
Esquire
Nick McKinney of Lamda Acoustics was making kits for DIYer's. Now he is out of business / making woofers on the side - I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, he is not selling unity kits as Adrian noted. You can still get unity horns from the source - Servodrive / Sound Physics Labs. They've also licensed the idea to Yorkville, although I think that entire design was done by Todd, one of the designers there and licensed afterwards.

John

Re: Unity Horns - What Happened to Them?? [message #16454 is a reply to message #16453] Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TDM is currently offline  TDM
Esquire

Our Unity cabinets (U15 and U215) are doing better than we could have hoped for. The U15 has been out for around 5 months now and we still can't keep stock in the warehouse.

There is more info on our web site.

www.Yorkville.com

Cheers
Todd Michael

Gentle nudge [message #16458 is a reply to message #16454] Wed, 12 May 2004 20:51 Go to previous message
Moderator is currently offline  Moderator
Esquire
You probably didn't know, but please refrain from making comments about a specific product your company sells in reply to a general inquiry in an open forum. If asked about the Yorkville U15 or U215, then by all means, reply with details. But if not, please don't.

Several people have commented about your products already, so it is a mute point really. We just want to make sure you've seen the rules. Please don't be offended and thanks for your understanding.

Previous Topic: Stopped at the Bose store
Next Topic: A good write-up on Voigt Pipes with *pics*
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 20:25:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout