Home » Audio » Speaker » Paudio large woofers..
Paudio large woofers.. [message #16089] Fri, 30 January 2004 18:27 Go to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)

hello!
I was looking at high efficiency woofers at P audio .

What do you think of the following-

P180
P210
Sd-18
- http://www.paudio-europe.com/products/db_1_13.htm

The R-18/100b has too high Fs for me,but would be good for pubs..
The s18-100LF has too little t/s specs,i expect its a cheapie one.

Notice the P range look like JBL Clones.
the sd-18 has copper shorting ring but the plasticy woofer frame makes it look like those ultra cheap seleniums.

has anyone used paudio at all?
also im interested in high eff 10" + horn/piezo for a 'loud' project with paudio parts.

CHeers!

Re: Paudio large woofers.. [message #16090 is a reply to message #16089] Fri, 30 January 2004 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

What do you want to use them for? And how do you plan to use them? Horn loaded? Bass reflex? What bandwidth do you want to cover? Maximum SPL wanted?

Possibilities [message #16091 is a reply to message #16090] Sat, 31 January 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Am just inspecting the local potential. as there is now paudio in NZ

and their pretty cheap!
i was wanting an 18" for the car ;-) Im also interested in the 12s and 15s but none have high enuf xmax for crazy high power (no subsonic filter) horn usage-that ive seen yet..

Cheers!

Woah! nice driver for horn! [message #16092 is a reply to message #16090] Sat, 31 January 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Sd-12 on horns!

I still cannot ever guess what will happen while looking at a drivers t/s specs. the high Fs didnt fase me,it seems higher Fs woofers seem to have less 'wobble' in response? or is that incorrect.

i see the kappa 12 from eminence exhibits something similar-relatively smooth response,shelved low end due to small mouth.compare to my old shiva horn designs with +5db at 90hz peakies..

the dpl12 with Fs=16hz had a wobble response,where as the lab12 with Fs=22hz wasnt so bad..

Interesting! il consider this woofer for next project..also the copper shorting ring is good news for distortions..

Cheers!

Also! [message #16093 is a reply to message #16090] Sat, 31 January 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
http://www.paudiosystem.com/products/db_product_1_5_p120_130lf.htm

For cheap! i wonder how much shipping! its flatter response on the same horn,than lab12!! but less xmax..but the response looks so much more nicer hehe
I will consider it

Cheers

My spl meter broke [message #16094 is a reply to message #16090] Sat, 31 January 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Heya.After connecting my SPL meter to an UNCONNECTED audio cable,its now spastic. doesnt do any readings,the needle switches sometimes after switching range.
its dead!

UGH

WARRANTY !?

Cheers!

Re: My spl meter broke [message #16095 is a reply to message #16094] Sat, 31 January 2004 12:44 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's strange.

If the problem happened immediately after connecting a cable, and that cable wasn't connected to anything, I would suspect a mechanical connection problem. If the inputs were static sensitive, then an ungrounded open input might pop the meter, but I don't think that's it. Look inside the meter and see if you didn't break the connector loose from the printed circuit board. You may have accidentally cracked something in there.

Just a thought; It's worth a look.

Previous Topic: 18" Subwoofer Horn - Opinions wanted!
Next Topic: Baffle step compensation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:57:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout