Home » Audio » Speaker » 8 speakers, how to use them all?
8 speakers, how to use them all? [message #15601] Wed, 31 October 2007 17:13 Go to next message
Barði is currently offline  Barði
Esquire
I have 8 speakers, that i have collected trough the years. they are most quiet powerful (8 ohms, 80-150w). they are all pairs, they all are from a different manufacturer so they have different bass/treble levels. what mad device can i use to connect all these beasts, and customize their treble/bass for every pair of speakers? (the speakers are not with a power source installed, so they will need a power amp)?

p.s. the idea is basically --> [1-2 in : 8 stereo out]

Re: 8 speakers, how to use them all? [message #15603 is a reply to message #15601] Thu, 01 November 2007 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DSumpter is currently offline  DSumpter
Esquire
Honestly I would use the pair you liked the most and sell the rest. Or you can use one pair on one system, say your main home theater and another on a second system like your bedroom or office. I wouldn't try to mix them up because the sound in the room will be a confused mess.

Dave

Re: 8 speakers, how to use them all? [message #15604 is a reply to message #15601] Thu, 01 November 2007 21:29 Go to previous message
granch is currently offline  granch
Viscount
Depends on several things: your ears, what sort of sound you like, your pocket book (how much are you willing to spend just for the "H" of it, and such like. If the speakers are already mounted in baffles of some sort you are off and running. Connect them all in parallel and sprinkle them around your listening room. You may end up with something that sounds quite nice - you may not. But it can be fun to try different arrangements. Try bouncing some off walls (the sound, not the speaker). If you are very lucky you could end up with something like the Bose system that won against Consumer Reports in court. Lots of people like that kind of sound. Lots don't. If you lack the time, money, ear, or exploring spirit, then follow the previous advice. Don't play them loud for fear of overloading your amp. If you do find something you like then you can look into whether the amp can drive them as is or you will have to get more amp.
-Dick

Previous Topic: I Finished My NEW Electro Voice X-8 and X-36 Crossovers...have pics
Next Topic: Best T/S?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 09:28:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout