Home » Audio » Speaker » Seeking information on these speakers
Seeking information on these speakers [message #15494] Thu, 12 April 2007 18:50 Go to next message
tattoos is currently offline  tattoos
Esquire

Hi, I am looking for any information on a set of speakers that I have,
I do have some information about them but am looking for any reviews or old ads. they were made in 1974 and They are labeled Toshiba model SS-51, They are 4 way complete closed type and contain a 15 inch free edge high compliance woofer,
a 10 X 3 inch horn type squawker, a 2.5 inch horn type tweeter and a 1 and a quarter inch horn type super tweeter.
frequency range 20 - 40,000 Hz
Output sound pressure level: 100.5 dB/W/50cm (19.5")
There are pictures at my site.
any info would be great.
thanks in advance.
James

Re: Seeking information on these speakers [message #15495 is a reply to message #15494] Sun, 15 April 2007 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sometimes those older high-efficiency speakers are really interesting. How do they sound?

Re: Seeking information on these speakers [message #15496 is a reply to message #15495] Mon, 16 April 2007 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire

Hi Wayne,
They are interesting, Very well made and they sound awesome. tight, fast, flat, and effortless. The orion blue book only goes back to 1973, I would love to know what there original retail price was, any reviews on them old ads etc and how many were made, Ive been asking around on and of for about the last 7 or 8 years but so far have drawn a blank..
Its been fun searching!

James

Re: Seeking information on these speakers [message #15500 is a reply to message #15496] Wed, 25 April 2007 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomt is currently offline  tomt
Baron
this site is growing.

may very well become 'the' resource,

for japan made gear

Re: Seeking information on these speakers [message #15501 is a reply to message #15500] Thu, 26 April 2007 01:18 Go to previous message
Esquire

Thanks for the link tomt,
I did have someone say that the speakers I have looked a lot like a set of coral speakers he had seen, (maybe re-badged?)
I will check that site out.. hopefully something turns up!

Previous Topic: Gumby still going strong.:-) And Pokey too !!!
Next Topic: Two different kinds of Line arrays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:14:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout