Home » Audio » Speaker » PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR
PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15387] Mon, 25 September 2006 18:58 Go to next message
Asher is currently offline  Asher
Esquire
My dad bought some paper cone bozak house speakers in the seventies. I took them apart and found a sub, a mid, and 2 tweeters in each one. can i make new speaker boxes and mount them in my car? do i have to use something to support the speaker magnets so that the cones wont rip? do i have to insolate the boxes? do i need a preamp? if so how do i run it off of my car?

thanx for your help

Re: PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15388 is a reply to message #15387] Mon, 25 September 2006 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You took apart Bozaks to make car speakers? This must be a joke. If not, you could have sold those for more than enough money to buy a VERY nice car system......C

Re: PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15389 is a reply to message #15388] Mon, 25 September 2006 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
to tell you the truth my dad told me i could have them and i knew they were old but i had no idea they had any worth, i just knew they had really good sound quality

how much are they worth (i have 2 12" woofers, 2 mids, 4 tweeters, and 2 crossovers)?

Re: PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15390 is a reply to message #15389] Mon, 25 September 2006 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Look on eBay and follow Bozak speakers for a month or so. Some of the more collectable go for big bucks. Do you still have the cabinets? Can you get a model number?.....C

Re: PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15391 is a reply to message #15390] Mon, 25 September 2006 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I dont have the original cabinets but i will look for the model numbers tomorrow, if they are nice i might just keep them and make car boxes for them and have one kickass car audio system

Re: PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15392 is a reply to message #15391] Mon, 25 September 2006 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The drivers will not last a week (month tops) in a car's environment. There is too much heat and vibration. Modern car speakers are built much more rugged than the engineers of your 25+ year old speakers could have ever dreamed possible. Another consideration is power handling. I suspect the maximum power handling of these speakers is 50 watts, but that's just a wild-ass guess.....Colin

Re: PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15393 is a reply to message #15392] Tue, 26 September 2006 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
okay, maybe ill sell them unless i hear differently, thanx for your help

Re: PAPER CONE SPEAKERS IN CAR [message #15411 is a reply to message #15387] Fri, 03 November 2006 22:14 Go to previous message
John Chleapas is currently offline  John Chleapas
Baron
What an idiot. The Bozak speakers of that era can take not too many watts too sound glorious, or to get blown up. They would last maybe one on/off cycle if used in a car period. The woofers are needed to be turned every few years as they tend to sag. Since any people turn them sideways for the b305 model I am told they had to rotate the drivers. Anyway You ruined classic speakers for a very low rent car project? You are a fool to be kind. You would have had some great sounding speakers for your home had you used them for their intended purpose which was/is home audio.

Previous Topic: Combing and distance: an odd question
Next Topic: Wire gauge to wire up all those speakers.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 01:24:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio