Home » Audio » Speaker » XXLS subwoofer
XXLS subwoofer [message #15268] Wed, 31 May 2006 13:24 Go to next message
LageB is currently offline  LageB
Esquire
Hello,

My first post here.

Has anyone any opinion on Peerless XXLS subwoofers? I am considering to use XXLS 10" in ported enclosure like this: http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/appview.php?id=26

XO at 80Hz and to be used for Music only. How do you think?
My mains are Fostex F200 sealed enclosures. Any comments appreciated

LageB

Re: XXLS subwoofer [message #15269 is a reply to message #15268] Wed, 31 May 2006 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Hi LageB,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of really sharp and helpful people who hang out here.

I had a chance to hear the xxls woofers in a push pull configuration. (see www.linkwitzlab.com ) I was very impressed with the driver as used by Mr. Linkwitz. They are a well made driver with little coloration, and capable of moving quite a lot of air.

Take care,

Steve

Re: XXLS subwoofer [message #15270 is a reply to message #15269] Thu, 01 June 2006 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LageB is currently offline  LageB
Esquire

Thanks Steve,

I have seen linkwitzlab site but I was not aware he uses XXLS (I know he used XLS for Thor subwoofer)

I have searched Internet trying to find someone who has used XXLS in ported application as suggested in Peerless homepage - but I could not find anyone tried that yet. Perhaps because XXLS is rather new.

At this moment I have Scanspeak 8656 10" in 60L sealed, but, my XO is rather low (XO=80Hz) and for that application I suspect the are more suitable heavy duty elements around. XXLS 10" will fit in to small box which means I could re-use my exisitng enclosures (made by concrete) even when changing from S-S sealed, to XXLS ported.

Peerless also have XXLS-versions for sealed but, it seems they require liitle bit larger box than 60L

Anyway, I am concerned whether one of those XXLS would be good enough for Music, to match with my Fostex F200A mains

LageB

Re: XXLS subwoofer [message #15271 is a reply to message #15270] Thu, 01 June 2006 20:34 Go to previous message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Oops, I made a mistake. The Linkwitz speakers are XLS type. But my comment about the performance still stands. They are excellent. Sorry for the confusion.

Steve

Previous Topic: Garage Sales Find
Next Topic: Line Array Demo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 18:38:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers