Home » Audio » Speaker » Dynaco A25
Huh.. woofers are exactly 9.75".. [message #15248 is a reply to message #15247] Mon, 27 March 2006 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc-homeslice is currently offline  marc-homeslice
Esquire
Just measured the diameter from basket frame across. I'm suprised.. the box seems so much smaller than my AR11s and their woofer is maybe 10, 10.25" max.

Wow.. you're right -- just be sure that the new driver is the exact same if you want to use the old box. I will look into possibly swapping in new drivers (why not, so many have been updating the tweeters to Seas or Morel).

Switching caps and playing with the xovers shouldn't be too tricky; do they recommend using the old boxes with the same aperiodic vent (sorry if you guys posted this above).

I love the way mine sound, but there's little doubt that much has been improved in terms of driver design in 35 years.

Re: Huh.. woofers are exactly 9.75".. [message #15249 is a reply to message #15248] Mon, 27 March 2006 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; in fact you can buy the cabinet but shipping might get expensive since they are over in Europe. The Aperiodic loading is the same and actually the speaker looks exactly the same as the old ones. I do believe they meant this as a direct clone except with better parts. Madisound sells SEAS but I don't know if they plan on carrying the exact woofers. The speakers look nice in the website.

cool..i've been doing a little searching.. [message #15250 is a reply to message #15249] Mon, 27 March 2006 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc-homeslice is currently offline  marc-homeslice
Esquire
See if this link comes up -- are these the exact drivers you are referring to? The Seas 27TFFC (H881) as a tweeter replacement and the 25F-EW (H085) woofer?

They're what Madisound recommends as the Seas replacements for the A25 (for what it's worth -- the majority consensus over at Audio Asylum was in favor of the Seas 27TFFC versus the Morel.. but both seem to please folks).

If I can just use my boxes and the aperiodic vent, that would be a worthwhile project. I may be calling Madisound soon to do a little digging.

cheer, marc

Re: cool..i've been doing a little searching.. [message #15251 is a reply to message #15250] Mon, 27 March 2006 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
200$ plus xover parts; that puts you at about the 260$ mark. Not bad. I am not sure if that is the exact same woofer. I'll get back to you.

Re: Well; the drivers and xover cost 268$. Cheap for what you get [message #15255 is a reply to message #15247] Tue, 11 April 2006 04:17 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi,
Any idea of the value of the filter components?
I found a page with the crossovers on Tlinespeakers, it says the crossing is at 1K but it doesn't show inductance value for woofer filter on the A50 Dynaco classic.
Best Regards

Previous Topic: AudioRoundTable Archive
Next Topic: Need help with my first build project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:19:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers