Home » Audio » Speaker » speakers for rebuilt Fisher amp
speakers for rebuilt Fisher amp [message #15214] Sun, 26 February 2006 12:44 Go to next message
austed is currently offline  austed
Esquire
Hello all. I am having my Fisher X-101-B restored. This amp is rated at 28 wpc. I am clueless as to what kind of speakers would match it best. I have a small room and a small budget. Any advice? Many thanks, Ted.

Re: speakers for rebuilt Fisher amp [message #15215 is a reply to message #15214] Sun, 26 February 2006 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I think I can help maybe. I have listened to my Fisher 500 on my Pi Theater fours and believe me it is a very nice match. So I would investigate the Pi two's which are a smaller version of the fours and very good for the price. 28 watts are way more than enough for those speakers. You will get great bass and smooth musical mids from that combo.
There are quite a few guys using Fishers and efficient speakers like the Pi's.

Re: speakers for rebuilt Fisher amp [message #15216 is a reply to message #15215] Sun, 26 February 2006 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
austed is currently offline  austed
Esquire
Thanks for the great tip! -Ted.

Re: speakers for rebuilt Fisher amp [message #15218 is a reply to message #15214] Mon, 27 February 2006 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree that Pi speakers, with their high efficiency and good bass, are a great match for vintage tube amps.
Another one I would look at is the Hawthorne Audio Silver Iris drivers mounted on a simple open baffle.

http://www.hawthorneaudio.com/drivers.htm

Dave

One is the loneliest number [message #15219 is a reply to message #15214] Mon, 27 February 2006 16:50 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The 2-PI's were aready recommended, I prefer the One-PI myself. It lacks a little on the bottom end, but to me, sounds sweeter.

Also, check out Fred's variation of the One-PI in the link below.

G.

Previous Topic: JBL SRX725 vs. MACKIE SA 1232
Next Topic: zig zag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 23:07:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers