Home » Audio » General » Photos from the "wrongsideof thetracks" Audio Fest, or .....
Photos from the "wrongsideof thetracks" Audio Fest, or ..... [message #1516] Sat, 30 April 2005 19:00 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
....as we like to call it, "W.A.F."

A central location and lavish display areas

ensured that BOTH attendees had a rewarding visit

A great deal of effort was taken to prepare the exhibits and eevryone lent a .....hand

After the Miss W.A.F, contest, eventual winner Miss Snowball is joined by another contestant, Miss Sharon

The following are action shots: Ron doing this, Ron doing that, Ron undoing this and re-doing that, Ron......RON!!!

At this years W.A.F. large woofers were in vogue:

Really Big Tooters, too

Tonight we'll drink some more beer and attend a concert performed by Fisher Stereo

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... [message #1517 is a reply to message #1516] Sat, 30 April 2005 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You, sir, are a funny bastard.

Agreed! [message #1518 is a reply to message #1517] Sun, 01 May 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for the pics! You all were missed at GPAF, but the photos make up for it!

Y'all come to Columbus now ya heer!!!! [message #1519 is a reply to message #1518] Sun, 01 May 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill,
Great pics even if I don't look good in pictures. I guess the Altec 399 driver on 311-60 horns pics did not make it yet????

Hey you round table folks, I still have more cabinets to get rid of, take the time and visit here in Central Ohio where the Wrongsideofthetrack Audio Fest (WAF) happens often.

All we need is audiophiles willing to travel and share a beer or two and tell lies for the day! Good old fashioned fun for all.

And I try and unload my extra cabinets for those with storage space on the way home!!!

Ron

Re: I've said it before, and I'll say it again... [message #1520 is a reply to message #1517] Sun, 01 May 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If Bill is a funny bastard, it would explain why he and I are good friends.

Actually, I like when you have get-togethers without all the "everything must be perfect" attitude.

I am not ready for prime time, when Bill and I have ideas, we bounce them off each other. We have the luxury of being ultra-critical in our opinions for the betterment of the hobby, then we tip a beer and tell lies for awhile to have a good time.

Ron

Re: I've said it before, and I'll say it again... [message #1521 is a reply to message #1520] Sun, 01 May 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Ron, you said "we tip a beer and tell lies for awhile to have a good time".
It sounds like you guy's are having a good time and are a couple of wild men.
I would have loved to have seen you at the Great Plains Audio Fest, you missed a good time. Hopefully I will get to meet you some day.
Take care
Norris Wilson

Re: I've said it before, and I'll say it again... [message #1522 is a reply to message #1521] Sun, 01 May 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Norris,

Wish it were not to far to your area for a visit. I know of several folks in your general area(within a few hrs drive) that I would like to visit.

I am hoping for a chance in the future for that to happen. In the meantime, if you happen to be traveling through Ohio, drop me a line in advance and you can tell lies and drink beer with us also!

Ron

Re: I've said it before, and I'll say it again... [message #1524 is a reply to message #1522] Sun, 01 May 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Ron,
That sounds like a plan. I pride myself on telling some really big woppers, it is a family trait.
Take care
Norris

Re: Y'all come to Columbus now ya heer!!!! [message #1530 is a reply to message #1519] Sun, 01 May 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'd drive to Columbus for a day's listen. I live between Dayton and Cincinnati. Are you planning on anything this summer?.....Colin

Any free weekend is usually good for me [message #1532 is a reply to message #1530] Mon, 02 May 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Colin,
I'm too much a small fry to put on large gatherings. My house is small and would not handle a crowd. But a good group for my house is around 4 people.

I don't plan special events, just quaint little get-togethers, so if you are interested in coming to visit, drop me a line(e-mail through this forum will work) and we always have a few locals who drop in from time to time.

I still have various odd cabinets to give away to save space so I can set up my basement for my system.

drop me a line.....

Ron

Previous Topic: Two Wild and Crazy Guys!!
Next Topic: So who hooked up with Royal Cable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:17:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio