Home » Audio » General » CES, whats new and exciting this year?
CES, whats new and exciting this year? [message #120] Fri, 09 January 2004 15:11 Go to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Anyone seen things new and exciting? pictures of cool gear we cant live with out? more importantly can afford to live with !

Bill

Re: CES, whats new and exciting this year? [message #121 is a reply to message #120] Fri, 09 January 2004 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sue Kraft said she might bring a few photographs back. I haven't heard anything really, but then again, I haven't been impatient for the news. CES is really a huge show with emphasis on manufacturer to distributor relations.

An old school buddy of mine is on the CEA board of directors, and they're who put on CES every year. I may ask him for the inside scoop. His company is showing there this year too, but they make laptop computers. So I expect he probably went around to see some of the audio exhibitors, but I'll bet he had almost no time to visit.

Maybe your guys at Marchand will have some good photos and stories to tell. I understand they've actually got a booth, instead of just getting a room at the hotel, as so many small organizations do.

Re: CES, whats new and exciting this year? [message #122 is a reply to message #121] Fri, 09 January 2004 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Yeah, I havnt talked to Phil so I dont know what He's been up to. I cant even my my show pass right now to even tell you where they are located. I'm leaving for Vicenza tomorrow so I skipped CES. Theres so much stuff there it's always cool to see what's new. I guess most isn't so much new as it is a revised presentation. I think the gear is killer.

Bill

Re: CES, whats new and exciting this year? [message #123 is a reply to message #122] Fri, 09 January 2004 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
We'll certainly miss you when you're in Vienna. But enjoy your trip and hurry back.

Re: CES, whats new and exciting this year? [message #152 is a reply to message #121] Tue, 20 January 2004 08:36 Go to previous message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Actually, all the "real" exhibitors hire official exhibiting rooms. Some very small fry rent a "sleeping" room and then quietly exhibit while making an end run around the CES exhibitor fees.

Marchand was a real, live official exhibitor at Alexis Park. Stupid me, I never went in, although I thought of doing so once or twice. If I'd known Bill's speaks were inside, I certainly would have!

Previous Topic: Crossovers
Next Topic: HELLO!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 04:57:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout