Home » Audio » Speaker » Crossover help
Crossover help [message #15197] Sun, 05 February 2006 15:11 Go to next message
MrCommunistGen is currently offline  MrCommunistGen
Esquire
Hello,
I've been pondering this problem for some time and have been doing quite a bit of Google searching and am getting pretty frustrated because I think
Situation
I have two pairs of stereo speakers, both Infinity bookshelves, each 2-way. They are both part of the same series, the recently replaced Alpha series and are the A10s and A20s respectively. One set of speakers has larger woofers than the other. I also have a stereo receiver... an Onkyo TX-8511. I would like to make it so that the smaller speakers handle the upper and mid ranges, and have the larger pair handle the bass. Effectively creating a 3 way system. The A20s are bi-ampable and the A10s are not.

Question:
I've been looking for a pair of 2 way passive crossovers with a crossover frequency that is probably between 250-500Hz. I am also looking to get them as cheaply as possible. I was looking on eBay for crossovers and very few state the crossover frequency. Most of them have info on what the resitors' specs are, but I have absolutely no knowledge about what any of this means.

Any help would be appreciated!
-mcg

Re: Crossover help [message #15198 is a reply to message #15197] Wed, 08 February 2006 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Mcg,
What is the bigger pair: a10 or a20?
Also, what are hte 2 speakers rated at in ohms? This information is at the back of the speakers usually.
thanks
-akhilesh

Re: Crossover help [message #15253 is a reply to message #15198] Wed, 05 April 2006 11:23 Go to previous message
MrCommunistGen is currently offline  MrCommunistGen
Esquire
The A20 speakers are larger and both sets are rated at 8ohms.

Previous Topic: Xover and line array
Next Topic: Impedance correction at a compression driver's Fs - How to calculate - Wayne P?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:18:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio