Home » Audio » General » Photos from Montreal Son&Image
Photos from Montreal Son&Image [message #1505] Fri, 29 April 2005 07:42 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It was a slow process going through the 200+ photos I took at the Son&Image, but they're finally done. Still about a dozen photos I couldn't identify and label properly. The code at the start of each photo refers to the room it was taken.

gar.

Re: Photos from Montreal Son&Image [message #1508 is a reply to message #1505] Fri, 29 April 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Garman; What is the Son & Image, is it a show? Lot's of grear looking stuff in there.

Re: Photos from Montreal Son&Image [message #1509 is a reply to message #1508] Fri, 29 April 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's an annual audio show in Montreal. The only one that I know of in Canada. See link below.

Re: Photos from Montreal Son&Image [message #1510 is a reply to message #1509] Fri, 29 April 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
SO Garman; how long before we see your work in there?

Re: Photos from Montreal Son&Image [message #1512 is a reply to message #1505] Fri, 29 April 2005 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Thanks GarMan for going through the trouble to edit all of the pics and putting them up for us to drool over. The Son & Image show must have grown allot from the show reports that I have seen in the past. Or, possibly you have given us more information to enjoy.

Norris Wilson

Re: Photos from Montreal Son&Image [message #1513 is a reply to message #1512] Fri, 29 April 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think the show's grown to the point where it's too large to take everything in just two days. Also, I found the crowd too large to really relax to enjoy things. But that's from a vistor's point of view. I've heard many exhibitors complaining about not enough traffic.

Photos were from only half the exhibitors. The rest were not interesting enough for me or too crowded.

gar.

Re: Photos from Montreal Son&Image [message #1514 is a reply to message #1510] Fri, 29 April 2005 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You're too kind. There were a few "craftsmen" exhibiting, and naturally, I spent more time in those rooms than others.

This summer though, I promised myself to spend more time on my photography, which I've been neglecting for a while. Love to be in Tusla this weekend to shoot the event.

Gar.

Photography?!? [message #1515 is a reply to message #1514] Fri, 29 April 2005 20:55 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
GarMan, What kind of photography do you shoot? I also promissed myself I'd pick up the camera again and try to remember what I've forgotten.

I really like shooting with medium format (Yashica 124G), but getting it developed is just too costly. I've also shot medium format with a pinhole. You loose some sharpness but the DoF is fun to play with. Pinhole is also fun because of the exposure lengths, where one f/stop difference can be minutes or possible hours.

I also have a collection of 35mm Argus cameras that I've picked up over the years. Not a top-notch performer, but they had a 50 year run at the market. I have one of the original A1s (??) that I've shot a couple of rolls through. Not a sharp picture, but the exposures were pretty close to what a modern meter said they should be.

My main camera is a Minolta 800. I'm very happy with it, but again the cost of processing is a major consideration.

As all of us, most of the time I just whip out ye ol' digital for the family shots. The one thing that bothers me about digital is being able to pass the pictures down to future generations - nothing beats B&W for longevity.

I worked with a guy a few years ago that was a junk collector (for lack of a better term.) One day he said he had picked up a stack of B&W prints from an estate sale and wanted to know if I wanted to see them. It turns out they were show prints from the 1930s taken by a local (Cincinnati) photographer. The pictures themselves are 11x14" and are just dead on for composition, but the back of each print had the sticker form the various shows they were sent to. The stickers are from all over the contry, and one in particular is a keeper; it was shown at the 2nd Annual Leica International Expose in Paris, France. The picture didn't win, but the sticker is just so cool......Colin

Previous Topic: Today's the Day!
Next Topic: How to become a sophisticated collector of vintage Hi-Fi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 04:45:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout