Home » Audio » General » GPAF - Setup and first night
GPAF - Setup and first night [message #1485] Wed, 20 April 2005 18:02 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm planning to get setup early afternoon on the 29th, and hope to have my room finished by mid-afternoon so I can help the rest of your carry in and get setup. So I'll be hanging around Embassy Suites all afternoon until early evening. Bill Wassilak, Akhilesh Bajaj and some of the rest of the guys from the Tulsa audio club have agreed to help too.

During the afternoon, as people arrive and start geting setup, it will be a good time for all of the exhibitors to meet one another and see all the cool gear. There will likely be some attendees Friday night that aren't exhibitors, especially people that have come in from out of town. But I think the real big day for attendees will be Saturday.

Some of us are wanting to go out Friday night after getting setup, say around 7:00pm. We could all go grab a steak, visit a club or go see a movie. I recommend the Silver Flame at 61st and Memorial for a good steak. It's a very nice place, often has live music at dinnertime and the costs are reasonable. I think it's the best steak in town, but we do have a few other steakhouses that are also excellent. For a drink, I recommend the Vault at 76 St. North and Highway 169. The Vault is a nice classy club and has Stage four π speakers for sound. There is also the Elephant Run at 51st and Harvard, which is a little closer and a great place to go dance and meet people. And for a movie, lots of us have been waiting for month to see the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which opens Friday night. I think that's what I'm going to do, and I'd like to invite any of you to go along with me and Alona. I'll be happy to provide directions for any of the other activities you might wish to do.

Re: GPAF - Setup and first night [message #1486 is a reply to message #1485] Wed, 20 April 2005 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cryoparts is currently offline  cryoparts
Esquire
I'll be in the evening of the 28th, so I'll be set up early Friday at the latest and will be able to help others as well. If you need help, let me know.

Regards,

Lee

Re: GPAF - Setup and first night [message #1487 is a reply to message #1485] Thu, 21 April 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
That sounds like a plan. I'll leave Hot Springs Village around 7:00AM, which will get me into Tulsa around noonish.

May I ask how Sunday will run? I have reserved my room for Sunday night.

Bob

Re: GPAF - Setup and first night [message #1490 is a reply to message #1487] Thu, 21 April 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

When I was at MAF, Sunday was really takedown day. I suspect that's the way it will be at GPAF too. Most will display their systems in the mornings and then disassemble, pack up and check out. There will likely be some out of town visitors still hanging out and listening, and the locals will probably around too. But I think in general, Sunday will be takedown day.

Re: GPAF - Setup and first night [message #1491 is a reply to message #1490] Fri, 22 April 2005 06:01 Go to previous message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
That being the case, I'll call Embassy Suites and cancel my Sunday night reservation and at the same time ask them to remove the TV and dining table.

Thanks,
Bob

Previous Topic: "How-to" Link
Next Topic: Anyone had chance to listen pair of these...?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 12:16:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio