Home » Audio » Speaker » Fluance Speakers
Fluance Speakers [message #14845] Thu, 06 January 2005 22:23 Go to next message
Ron brady is currently offline  Ron brady
Esquire
Hi guys
I was wondering if anyone had any comments on the Fluance speakers sold on e-bay. Home theater systems selling for about $250 seems to be too good to be true. Does anyone have any personal experience with them?
Thanks
Ron Brady

Re: Fluance Speakers [message #14846 is a reply to message #14845] Fri, 07 January 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Ron,
I have no idea, but anyone selling brand new home made speakers for that cheap reminds me of the guys in the parking lot who have these great speakers in their van to sell you at amazingly low prices.
-akhilesh

Speaker Scams [message #14847 is a reply to message #14845] Fri, 07 January 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
For future reference there are a number of web sites that address this issue. One of the best is at the link below.

You can search through reports by "brand" name and find out just how bad those great DOGG Digital speakers really are

Re: Fluance Speakers [message #14848 is a reply to message #14846] Fri, 07 January 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Ah yes, my experience with the great white van specials: They bought to many for a PA install and didn't need them anymore. Such a deal for you on piece of S--t speakers. HAHA, and no I never bought any because I seen right through the scam from the begining. But it's fun to give them a hard time about there speakers and watch them sweat a little.

Bill W.

Re: Fluance Speakers [message #14849 is a reply to message #14848] Fri, 07 January 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Here's a link on how they measure.

Re: Fluance Speakers [message #14850 is a reply to message #14849] Fri, 07 January 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The ones they tried selling me were PA speakers, MDF or maybe Particle board, carpet covered, 2-12" woofers and a motorola piezo tweeter, little label on the front showing a freq. response flat from 50-17K, $400 a pair is what I talked them down to, such a deal for you. I don't think so. Then they started sweatin it when I brought up a x-over to the piezo, duh "Only the highest quality componets are used" is what they said, when I knew they probably didn't even have a x-over in them at all.

Bill W.

Nice link on white van specials! [message #14857 is a reply to message #14849] Sat, 08 January 2005 13:02 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Unfortunately, IMHO, much of the audiophile industry has even more obscene markups than the white vans specials that sold for $500 with $100 of parts!
$10000 speakers with $50 tweeters anyone?
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Geddes Waveguide
Next Topic: Let's re-visit Ing. Martinelli's Woodhorns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 04:07:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers