Home » Audio » Speaker » Only one week to the Iowa 2004 DIY Speaker Event!
Only one week to the Iowa 2004 DIY Speaker Event! [message #14744] Sat, 16 October 2004 09:03 Go to next message
Jim Holtz is currently offline  Jim Holtz
Chancellor
Just a reminder that the 2004 Iowa DIY speaker event will be held next Saturday in the Adventureland Inn, Altoona Iowa which is a N.E. suburb of Des Moines. I’m planning on getting started at 9:00 AM with the up to $250 class. I’ll be there setting up at around 8:00 AM. Complete information is posted at www.audioDIYcentral.com.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to secure local sponsorship to offset the cost of the room so there will be a charge of $10 per person to pay for the room again this year. The good news is that I was able to find a number of extremely generous sponsors for the speaker classes and for an Award of Excellence that will be given away to the most professional DIY design at the event without regard to cost. There will be guidelines to base the awards on that I’ll cover at the event. There’ll also be drawings that will include everyone who attends. Lots of fun stuff! :-)

I’ll also have a For Sale table. If you have drivers, electronics etc. that you bought in anticipation of that next project that never materialized, here’s a chance to sell them to other folks just like yourself. You will be responsible for your merchandise, signs and any transactions that may occur.

Some of the notable attendees this year are Dennis Murphy, Rick Craig, Jim Salk and Dave Ellis. Rick will be doing speaker measurements during the event. Have Clio will travel! :-) This will be a great opportunity to chat with these gentlemen about crossover design, cabinet building and DIY speakers in general. They are some of the most accomplished and professional members of DIY speaker building and I feel very fortunate that they'll be joining us this year.

Questions? Send me an email at jim@jholtz.us and I’ll get right back to you.

See you there!

Jim

Re: Only one week to the Iowa 2004 DIY Speaker Event! [message #14745 is a reply to message #14744] Sat, 16 October 2004 14:36 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sounds like an absolutely excellent event! Please post photos and a write-up of it for those who cannot attend. I'll bet it's going to be great!!!

Previous Topic: Next project - small woofer unit + Horn - WAF warning
Next Topic: Singular horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 13:26:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout