Home » Audio » Speaker » You know what phrase I hate the most in speaker ads?
You know what phrase I hate the most in speaker ads? [message #14612] Tue, 01 June 2004 07:58 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"redesigned to reveal increased resolution in DVD-A and SACD"

What? Does that mean that speakers made in the past 20 years were specifically designed with low resolution for CDs? If this is true, I should be out buying 30 year old speakers because back then, they were all designed for vinyl playback and should have even better resolution than the ones currently made.

Gar.

Re: You know what phrase I hate the most in speaker ads? [message #14613 is a reply to message #14612] Tue, 01 June 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I agree. Some marketing rhetoric is just over the top. Your pet-peeve phase is a perfect example.

Remember the movie "Used Cars?" A visual of the shotgun scene comes to mind...

Re: You know what phrase I hate the most in speaker ads? [message #14614 is a reply to message #14612] Tue, 01 June 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
This probably means that they have taken advantage of the extended spectrum of the new formats by making their speakers produce sound up to 30KHz for the added enjoyment of your dog.

Digital Ready. And 'Mega' anything. [message #14615 is a reply to message #14613] Tue, 01 June 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Fitzmaurice is currently offline  Bill Fitzmaurice
Grand Master
Exactly what is 'digital ready'? Speakers with built in D/A? And why is it that no one seems to know that 'mega' means a million? Don't get me started on peeves. I've got a mega of them.

Re: You know what phrase I hate the most in speaker ads? [message #14616 is a reply to message #14613] Tue, 01 June 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'd expect that type of marketing garbage for mass marketed products. But what set me off as seeing this on JBL's K2 site:

"Today's new media present a formidable challenge to audio engineers. DVD and SACD technologies, which far surpass CD audio in frequency response and dynamic range, place unprecedented performance demands on loudspeaker systems. ...Effortlessly delivering the full bandwidth and dynamics of the new media – without suppression at any listening level – K2 S9800 speakers reveal subtleties you've never before experienced in recorded music."

Obviously, the speakers are not targeted at the audio enthusists community, but rather to those with money to burn for the latest "cool" trend. Very disappointed.

Re: You know what phrase I hate the most in speaker ads? [message #14617 is a reply to message #14614] Tue, 01 June 2004 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: You know what phrase I hate the most in speaker ads? [message #14618 is a reply to message #14614] Sat, 05 June 2004 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Is that why his ears fly up watching American Idol?

Re: Digital Ready. And 'Mega' anything. [message #14646 is a reply to message #14615] Tue, 27 July 2004 16:02 Go to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Can I assume from this that your DR200 PA horn featured in the August Audio Express is NOT digital ready:)

Previous Topic: Corner Placement: In or Out?
Next Topic: I'm fascinated by the Double Horn Single driver speaker box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 04:33:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout