Home » Audio » Speaker » dahlquist speaker upgrading
dahlquist speaker upgrading [message #14599] Tue, 25 May 2004 08:28 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Gentlemen----not impressed with the one and only source I have to upgrade my DQ10's ---I'd like to upgrade the tweeters and mid-range woofer ---cannot find a spec one on the units---would some one like fostex or vifa or scan speak be able to do this ---I can't find a sche'mmatic for the corssover or a list of speaker specs from anyone--If we can find out who shot kennedy can't we find out what speaker spec's Jon Dahlquist used on his speakers?? ---I'm calling Oliver Stone right now!---There is a cover up going on and I going to get to.............zzzzzzzzzz (dead phone line!)

Re: dahlquist speaker upgrading [message #14603 is a reply to message #14599] Thu, 27 May 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Ragnar Company on Long Island up until very recently were rebuilding those. At least up until last year that I know about. You still see them rebuilt on e-bay. Marschiatto from Alon worked on that speaker in the original, he might know. Classic Sound 20-01 College Point Blvd. College Point N.Y. 11356 they had some dealings with those you might try them.

DQ10 Drivers [message #14806 is a reply to message #14599] Sat, 04 December 2004 21:16 Go to previous message
William Berg is currently offline  William Berg
Esquire
Replacing the drivers even with specs is a tough task. Endless hours of trail and error also apply...especially with a five driver system. You can put the best drivers in the world in any speaker...and not achieve your goal. You might find great attributes on one driver, but find it lacks good dispersion or has a higher sensitivity rating, etc. It's not cut and dry. The search to find a better replacement is difficult in a 4 or 5 way system. Jon was brillant, as well as, carl. They did alot of research and endless hours of listening. -Regnar

Previous Topic: H.H. Scott S-15 Speakers
Next Topic: Wiring a Line Array: check me out on this
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:06:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout