Home » Audio » Speaker » speakers in bathroom
speakers in bathroom [message #14489] Sun, 18 January 2004 10:34 Go to next message
Rich is currently offline  Rich
Esquire
I have 2 3-way KLH bookshelf speakers that are going to waste because it seems I don't use my CD player anymore, just my computer. These speakers are barely used, less than 10 hours total. I am wondering what, if any, kind of damage would be done to them if put in a bathroom. I know condensation and steam from the shower would probably damage them, but if they were mounted on a shelf high above anything that would spill on them, how long would they last? Would they be ruined in a week? or would it take several years? Thanks for any info,

Rich

Re: speakers in bathroom [message #14490 is a reply to message #14489] Sun, 18 January 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The humidity might warp the paper cones and might peel the veneer from the cabinets. Those are the two things I'd watch for.

Don't mount them too high [message #14492 is a reply to message #14489] Tue, 20 January 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Steam rises and hovers along the ceiling.

Re: speakers in bathroom [message #14493 is a reply to message #14489] Sun, 25 January 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Do you really want to be mucking around with audio and listening to music in your bathroom?

I wouldn't be. If I had it installed, I'd probably get sick of it and end up not usin 'em. Turning on music every time you go to the bathroom for just a few minutes and then turning them off again would get to be an annoyance IMO.

Re: speakers in bathroom [message #14494 is a reply to message #14493] Mon, 26 January 2004 01:54 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I was thinkin' maybe Rich has jacuzzi or something like that.

Previous Topic: Basic Horn Questions
Next Topic: Woofer tear-what to do
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:27:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout