Home » Audio » General » Great Plains Audio Club Meeting this weekend
Great Plains Audio Club Meeting this weekend [message #1367] Tue, 15 March 2005 06:09 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

With all the buzz about the Great Plains Audiofest, don't forget there's a get-together this weekend at Akhilesh's house, Saturday at 2:00pm. I'm planning to bring a Nelson Audio SE8 amplifier from FSAudio. Hope to see you there!

Reviews of SE8 [message #1369 is a reply to message #1367] Wed, 16 March 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I like to know what you guys think of the SE8. How does it compare to the Stoetkit?.....Colin

Re: Reviews of SE8 [message #1371 is a reply to message #1369] Wed, 16 March 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've listened to the Nelson Audio Image SE8 for a few hours, but I've always been busy and distracted while listening. So I can't say I've really given it a good test drive.

Add to this the fact that I really fell in love with that Stoetkit so I'm not sure I'll be able to be objective. I don't have any particular reason to like one over the other, so it's not that. But I have taken a particular liking to the Stoetkit. That's why I'm eager to put the SE8 in front of some other people and see what they think.

In addition to having the SE8 at the next Great Plains Audio Club meeting, I'll be taking it to the Great Plains Audiofest. By that time, I'll have had time to use it in a variety of systems and find out what kind of source and speakers it works best with.

Nelson Audio Image SE8

There are a few things that struck me right away about the SE8. One is this amp weighs a lot, at 25 lbs. Another is that it is a very attractive amp. It has lots of gold trim, and that reflects the glow of the tubes. The power indicator is the red cursive "Image" logo, and the output tubes have a blue glow. It's a nice look.

GPAC Meeting [message #1372 is a reply to message #1367] Wed, 16 March 2005 22:33 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Everyone,
If you did not get my address yet, but would like ot attend the meeting, please send me email. See you all this weekend.
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Systems Interconnect Resource
Next Topic: BOI Audioworks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:59:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers