Home » Audio » General » GPAC Meet on March 19
GPAC Meet on March 19 [message #1333] Thu, 24 February 2005 14:15 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Everyone,
You are invited to the Great Plains Audio Club meet MArch 19 at my place at 2 pm. PLease email me if you have not attended any of the meets yet but would like to come, for directions.

Bob Brines, Wayne said you had indicated you would like to come. I for one would like to say I would love to meet with you, and if possible, listen to one of your products (how about the F200A driver?:-)
-akhilesh

Re: GPAC Meet on March 19 [message #1335 is a reply to message #1333] Thu, 24 February 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll be here!

Re: GPAC Meet on March 19 [message #1338 is a reply to message #1333] Fri, 25 February 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
Darn! About the only day I can't do. I'll be in Detroit closing up the family homestead -- my parents are moving to an apartment after nearly 50 years.

I really would like you folks in Tulsa to hear my speakers. Tulsa is only 4-5 hours up the road. Perhaps we could arrange an audition. I would bring the FT-1600's and the SP-10 sub. In a couple of weeks, I'll have the prototype for an FE167E BR ready to go. However, due to the shoestring nature of my business, I don't have any F200A demos laying around.

Sorry I can't make it.

Bob

Re: GPAC Meet on March 19 [message #1339 is a reply to message #1338] Fri, 25 February 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Bob,
What day would work for you to drive up? We can have a special audition for you at one of our places...if no one else wants to, I can volunteer my place...maybe we can get your speakers, Wayne's 2 Pis, Phil.s BR 206Es, and have fun?
(weekend would be good liek a saturday afternoon around 2)
-akhilesh

Maybe it's time for a Great Plains Audiofest? [message #1340 is a reply to message #1339] Fri, 25 February 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm thinking maybe we should pick a hotel and weekend and have everyone meet there, perhaps in April or May. There are interested parties in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma and everyone is at most a state away. This could be the start of an annual Great Plains Audiofest. We've been talking about it for a while, maybe now's the time to set it up.

Sounds like a great idea...of course everyone is still invited [message #1341 is a reply to message #1340] Fri, 25 February 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Mar 19 to my place.
-akhilesh

Yes, I think it is! [message #1342 is a reply to message #1340] Sat, 26 February 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
That sounds like a very good idea.

I've been thinking all winter of doing a "Summer Tour" of places that don't have access to an AN dealer or AN gear, and you've named 5 states in exactly that position. No reason my tour can't start in Spring . . .

I'd be driving w/gear or flying and shipping depending on how remote the location. I'm 1600 miles/24 hrs from you guys. Hmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . .

One way or 'tother, count me in!

Re: Yes, I think it is! [message #1343 is a reply to message #1342] Sat, 26 February 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds good. I'll tell you what. This week, I'll call or go by a handful of hotels in Tulsa and find one that has the best combination of rates and availability in April or May. I'll make sure they know we intend to play music during the day and find one that approves of that.

I don't want to book a block of rooms, and would prefer to find a hotel that hasn't been booked up on a particular weekend and just put the word out. Everyone will reserve their own room, first come, first serve. There are many hotels in Tulsa with several hundred rooms, so I don't think attendance will be a problem, certainly not for the first year.

After we've decided on a place and time, we can contact all the other small manufacturers, regional clubs hobbyists and other interested parties. Right now, we have Audio Note and π Speakers for sure, Bob Brines has expressed an interest in showing his loudspeakers as has Duke LeJeune, probably bringing a Geddes speaker system. Fred Thompson has said that the Houston club is intersted and the Tulsa club will also be there.

Everyone in the Tulsa club will be happy to provide directions and personal assistance. We'll also probably get an internet site up and running to provide information such as directions, list of exhibitors, etc. I would like to see this remain an organized but informal event, really just a group of people that assemble in a hotel once a year to enjoy each others' company and listen to fine music. No entry fees or banners, nothing like that. Just show up, and if you want to be an exhibitor, bring your equipment and a sign for your door.

Great idea Wayne [message #1345 is a reply to message #1343] Mon, 28 February 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'll touch base with you when we meet to see ho I can help.
-akhilesh

Re: GPAC Meet on March 19 [message #1346 is a reply to message #1333] Tue, 01 March 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Akhilesh----please feel free to ask for some help---cooking, food , whatever---looks like there may be a good tunout for this meet!! Jim

Previous Topic: Sorry if this is an obvious question.......
Next Topic: Gonzo Man is Gone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:22:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout