Home » Audio » Source » multi-play spindle
multi-play spindle [message #13173] Fri, 24 November 2006 20:52 Go to next message
Joshua Beecham is currently offline  Joshua Beecham
Esquire
Hey, does anyone know what spindle I need for a Lloyds/Garrard 640s record changer? I got the unit used and it is in great condition and sounds great, and is intended to be a multiplay unit, but the spindle is missing. I went to a local electronics store that has been around for a while and still has replacement parts for old turntables and tried 2 different spindles. Both fit, but neither one would cause the record to drop. This Garrard model doesn't have the arm that you slide over to hold the records steady. It has the little mechanism to the left of the tonearm that looks like it is supposed to push the record over so it can fall down the spindle. Maybe something else is wrong with the unit as to why the records won't drop, but until I know I have the right spindle in, I don't really want to tear into anything else. By looking online I think the Garrard 640s is the same as the 710e, but I can't find a parts list that tells exactly what spindle is the right one. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Josh

Re: multi-play spindle [message #13177 is a reply to message #13173] Sun, 26 November 2006 12:26 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'd check TurntableTech.com and NeedleDoctor.com. Maybe one of them has one and it wouldn't cost too much.

Previous Topic: my technics sl-1900 doesnt work in 45
Next Topic: Plate Material
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 14:47:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout