Home » Audio » General » GCAC meet
GCAC meet [message #1246] Tue, 25 January 2005 12:57 Go to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What do you say we all get together the day before Superbowl Sat FEB 5th at around 2pm at my house to talk some audio listen to my line arrays and eat some munchies. My address is 18131 E 2nd St. Tulsa, OK. It's near county line 193rd E ave and Admiral. e-mail me if you need a map.

Bill Wassilak
billw@ssd.fsi.com

Re: GCAC meet [message #1248 is a reply to message #1246] Tue, 25 January 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sounds great!

I'll be there!

Re: GCAC meet [message #1250 is a reply to message #1246] Fri, 28 January 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds great, Bill! I'll be there too. Would you like me to bring a low powered tube amp like the zen ?
thanx
-akhilesh

Re: GCAC meet [message #1251 is a reply to message #1250] Fri, 28 January 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sure bring anything you want, I havn't ran an impedance plot on the lines but I calculate a min impedance of 5.71 ohms so depending on your outputs it might be able to go on an 8 ohm tap. I know impedance supposedly changes the sound of some tube amps.

Bill W.

Speaking of bringin' stuff... [message #1263 is a reply to message #1251] Sat, 05 February 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
How 'bout food and drinks? What do you need? I'm planning to bring a 12 pack of Pepsi, but I could bring potato salad or something if you need. Need any help getting set up?

See you in a few hours!

Photos online [message #1266 is a reply to message #1246] Sat, 05 February 2005 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks to Bill Wassilak and everyone that attended, a great time was had by all!

Re: GCAC meet [message #1267 is a reply to message #1246] Sat, 05 February 2005 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi everyone,
I had to be out of town and looks as if I missed a great meeting.
Bill those line array's look really good, I hope I can get a raincheck to listen to them.
I am glad that everyone had a great time.
Can anyone share thier impressions of Bill's line arrays?
Looking forward to the next meeting.
Norris Wilson

GCAC Meet at Bill's house plus impressions [message #1268 is a reply to message #1267] Sun, 06 February 2005 07:12 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks a lot Bill, for your hospitality and the opportunity to listen to the array speakers. They were crossed over actively at 100 hz into a pair of (dissimilar) passive subs.
These were the first line arrays I have ever heard. I was impressed by their frequency response, which I thought sounded pretty flat. The clarity was very good, and overall response was smooth.
The one caveat: I think you need a minimum distance for imaging to kick in: these were listened to in nearfield, and hence imaging was an issue. In my opinion, listening to them off axis slightly increased imaging somewhat. Another way to improve imaging was to reduce the volume.

Overall, I was extremely impressed.
thanx
akhilesh

Previous Topic: VTV
Next Topic: VTV/Scotch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 10:43:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio