Home » Audio » Source » HELP! my counterweight broke off
Liz, which arm does your table have? [message #12066 is a reply to message #12064] Sat, 09 April 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I also just noted that several PL 200s are on ebay, but one shows a straight arm tube and another shows the typical s shape arm. which is yours? I emailed the turntable factory and inquired about your PL 200 problems, and whether or not he has a replacement arm. Also, one PL 200 I looked at said "semi automatic" the other did not say. Is this tables arm manual, or is it supposed to pick up automatically (or, I guess semi automatically) at the end of album play?

Russellc

Re: HELP! my counterweight broke off [message #12070 is a reply to message #12057] Sun, 10 April 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I heard back from the turntable factory and they agreed that the table is to inexpensive to warrant repair, so they don't mess with it. He also felt you had an issue with the seller based on improper packing.
Sorry but it sounds like a new table is in order. If you get one from ebay, check to see if this is a one time table seller, or someone who sells components of this sort regularly. Communicate to the seller that you want it packed like its the end of the world, and insure it. All parts of the table must be secured and all components should be wrapped in 4 inches of bubble wrap, boxed, foam around that box for about 4 more inches, then another box. Cover packed seperatly inside. Tell seller you will accept nothing else, before auction is complete. Buy from sellers who care about there rating, and check their feedback.

Russellc

Russellc

Re: HELP! my counterweight broke off [message #12074 is a reply to message #12054] Mon, 11 April 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
liz is currently offline  liz
Esquire
Thanks! The seller is going to try and get me a new tone arm and counterweight (after a long struggle convinving them that the reason it broke wasd because they packed it wrong)if they can't find one the they will give me my money back. Thanks again!

Re: Liz, which arm does your table have? [message #12076 is a reply to message #12066] Tue, 12 April 2005 10:28 Go to previous message
liz is currently offline  liz
Esquire
thanks for your reply...it has an s shape arm. Also, i think it picks up automatically because I did try to use it before I knew what was really wrong, and at the end of the record it lifted up and moved away on its own. But I have since learned that it was the counterweight thread that broke, which is evidently a common thing with PL series turntables and the seller said they would send a new one for me. Thanks for all of your help!

Previous Topic: Tracking Force
Next Topic: Walker Valid Points and New Plastic barrier for turntable Pics.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 01:07:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio