Home » Audio » General » OT music sample
OT music sample [message #1202] Sun, 02 January 2005 09:39 Go to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I finally have an audio sample from the CD I made three years ago.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/sbk1/hurdygurdyman.mp3

The is track 4, "Maggie Lauder," from about 16th century Scotland. Instruments used are the scottish smallpipes, bodhran and me trying to sing. Bodhran was added later, otherwise no effects were added.

This recording will get your dogs and cats attention.

Dave:)

Re: OT music sample [message #1203 is a reply to message #1202] Sun, 02 January 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Dave,

I can't get the file to download. It says the server is unavailable. Did you maybe mistype the URL, or is the server just offline for a little while?

Wayne

Re: OT music sample [message #1204 is a reply to message #1203] Sun, 02 January 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,

I just tried it and it worked. Not sure why you couldn't open it.

Dave ?

Hurdy Gurdy [message #1205 is a reply to message #1204] Sun, 02 January 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Dave,

It worked this time. That's cool! Makes me want to watch Braveheart! Thanks!

Ever since you told us about some popular songs with a hurdy-gurdy in them, I've wanted to hear you play the instrument.

Wayne

Re: Hurdy Gurdy [message #1207 is a reply to message #1205] Sun, 02 January 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,

That's not a hurdy-gurdy I have in the sample. It's scottish smallpipes. If you want to hear my hurdy-gurdy, I'd be glad to email you a song using it.

Dave

Re: Hurdy Gurdy [message #1208 is a reply to message #1207] Sun, 02 January 2005 16:50 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, please do send me the sample file. Scottish pipes have an interesting, enchanting sound too. It has the same kind of feel as Mummers Dance.

Previous Topic: new years
Next Topic: Happy New Years!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:42:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout