Home » Audio » Source » What stain color/shade on a VPI walnut base?
What stain color/shade on a VPI walnut base? [message #11980] Thu, 10 March 2005 16:59 Go to next message
3moons is currently offline  3moons
Baron
I have a VPI Jr. with a walnut base. Can anyone tell me the stain shade or color used on the base? I built an AES phono stage and had a friend build a base for the phono stage to match the turntable's. Just want to stain it to match best as possible. Thanks jim...

Re: What stain color/shade on a VPI walnut base? [message #11982 is a reply to message #11980] Thu, 10 March 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Ask over in the Craftsmen forum. Those guys really know their stuff, and can probably give you some good pointers.

Re: What stain color/shade on a VPI walnut base? [message #11984 is a reply to message #11982] Fri, 11 March 2005 02:24 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Really best to call VPI and ask. I could go on about mixing colors, water-soluble dyes and sealers but I can't imagine there's any trade secrets involved in what stain they used.
I will point out that in the issue of Fine Woodworking on the stands now, there's a very good article by Jeff Jewitt on coloring Walnut.

Previous Topic: Rotel 1072
Next Topic: Looking for a universal player....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:21:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio