Home » Audio » Source » new to turntables, PLEASE HELP!!!
new to turntables, PLEASE HELP!!! [message #11958] Tue, 22 February 2005 11:17 Go to next message
nolan gray is currently offline  nolan gray
Esquire
Whats up, new to the forum.
I don't have any tables but i am interested in buying some and starting to use the.
I am a very musical person, I have 2 guitars, a bass, a pearl export drum set, 2 mics, 4 amps, Korg keyboard, boss effects, and a Korg d8 digital mixer. I'm not saying this to boast, i just wanted you to have some background info before you might help me. I taught myself to play all these things, and i feel like i am quite good.

I am starting to record now, though, and i would very much like to add tables to my setup and sound. The sound i play and results i would like to achieve from the tables would be more similiar to music and scratching like kid rock, run dmc, uncle kracker, NOT stuff like linkin park. I play hard rock but also dabble in old school hip-hop.

I am new to this alltogether, and i had some questions.

1. How do you scratch different notes to meld with the music? is it the speed of your scratch, or the record you are spinnin'?
2. ANy suggestions on tables for a novice?
3. Is it extremely difficult to learn?
4. what all do i need? ..down to speakers, wire, etc.

Thanks so much

Re: new to turntables, PLEASE HELP!!! [message #11960 is a reply to message #11958] Tue, 22 February 2005 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Forget tables get an Acid mp3 program. Download the stuff into your computor. That program will automatically re-set the music so that time and key are matched and can be easily combined from one song to another.

Re: new to turntables, PLEASE HELP!!! [message #11974 is a reply to message #11960] Sun, 06 March 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Monomer is currently offline  Monomer
Chancellor
do you really plan on playing out (dj'ing)?

going to a gig with a laptop is the equivlent of telling the audence to F themselves.

Standered Club deck is the Technics 1200 mk2 (any 1200/1210 line will work) for pure scratching, I'd recomend the vestax PDX deck, increadable pitch (+/- 50%) as opposed to the techs standered 8% (or 16% on the mk5g)

Re: new to turntables, PLEASE HELP!!! [message #11989 is a reply to message #11974] Tue, 15 March 2005 11:10 Go to previous message
nolan gray is currently offline  nolan gray
Esquire
glad u asked! NO! I don't plan on dj'ing out live.
I want to be able to add scratching to my recordings. I have korg recording equip. and i want to add scratching. That's mainly all i'm interested in.

Previous Topic: dac's
Next Topic: The Manley Steelhead phono preamp....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 20:40:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio