Home » Audio » Source » Tone arm lift pad
Tone arm lift pad [message #11806] Sun, 02 January 2005 16:39 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Anyone know where I could obtain a little strip of that stick on foam rubber stuff that goes on top of the tone arm lift, (on some models anyway), mine is so old and dried up it doesn't have any "sickem" left and anti skate will pull it off just before touch down! Its too dried out for lighter fluid to be of any use in softening it, and in fact eroded it some right at the end, giving a nice downhill effect just before the anti skate tries to pull it off the edge of the album. I don'tmind a little extra trouble for vinyle, but krickey! Any help at obtaining a new strip of foam would be greatly appreciated.

Russellc

Re: Tone arm lift pad [message #11809 is a reply to message #11806] Sun, 02 January 2005 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Try Sutherlands or Lowes. You can buy rubber sheets with adhesive on one side and that might work for you. What I'm thinking of here is the same kind of stuff used for rubber feet on little cabinets like you'd buy at Radio Shack. Now that I think about it, Radio Shack might also have small adhesive rubber sheets. Just cut a little to fit.

Re: Tone arm lift pad [message #11811 is a reply to message #11806] Sun, 02 January 2005 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say Russell; supermarkets and drugstores have these eyeglass repair kits. Inside is this soft foam pad with a sticky side used to prevent eyeglasses from sliding down your nose. Should be just the right size. They cost a couple bucks.

Re: Tone arm lift pad [message #11815 is a reply to message #11809] Mon, 03 January 2005 18:45 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks for the ideas, just what I needed. I've heard of this hardening happening but is usually corrected by "roughing up" the surface, or softening it up with lighter fluid or belt dressing. In this case, its like a petrified potato chip like consistency and must be replaced.

Thanks again,
Russellc

Previous Topic: My Project 1.2 has difficulty getting started
Next Topic: WWW.Bestmp3guide.com
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:48:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers