Home » Audio » Source » squash'ed balls
squash'ed balls [message #11619] Thu, 27 May 2004 08:51 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Ouch!---I go to this forum for info and insght on a good starter TT and the FIRST thing is somebody is bustin balls!!! Ouch--Hey! I am dedicated but really guys! Heart and soul but not my Squash Balls!--Now---on a lighter note! I am missing a footpad on the bottom of my Dual 1214 TT and have been leveling with a goat's nut and it just isn't the right fit---got a better size in mind???
Reccommend a good starter table please---something I can get a cartridge that has some upgrade abilites ---I would rather have a basic table and then invest in cartriges to hear diffenent sounds ---your thoughts gentlemen Jim

Re: squash'ed balls [message #11620 is a reply to message #11619] Thu, 27 May 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've been pleased with my Rega P2. I still like the Technics direct drives tables too. Put a nice cartridge on 'em and they're great. Both of these cost under a grand; The Rega is just under and the Technics is about half that.

Re: squash'ed balls [message #11621 is a reply to message #11619] Thu, 27 May 2004 17:37 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Go to the Turntable Factory web site and pick up a Technics SL 1600 or 1300. You won't be dissatyisfied, and he seems fair and will refund if you are not happy. He goes over each unit and specs them out. They are solid well built good sounding non-fussy tables that hold their value. For 125$ or so you can't go wrong. They very rarely break, I have two of them for over fifteen years with no problems. They won't undo a really good table but they will equal anything you can get for in the 250-400$ range with a decent cartridge. In my den I use a SL 1600 with a Stanton DJ cartridge that cost 40$. I use it to play all those garage sale records and have a blast, and they are indestructible; I have dropped the arm on records and the cart. gets right up and keeps playing. Good Luck.

Previous Topic: squash balls
Next Topic: Question About Sony PS-LX220
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:41:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout