Home » Audio » Source » Question About Sony PS-LX220
Question About Sony PS-LX220 [message #11586] Wed, 28 April 2004 09:14 Go to next message
DerekJL is currently offline  DerekJL
Esquire
I just recently purchased this Sony turntable along with a Technics SA-700 receiver. The receiver works flawlessly on FM,AM, and AUX sides but seems to have a slight problem on the PHONO side with the left channel. The thing is I'm not sure if it is the receiver or the turntable. Could someone give me their opinion please. I spent quite a bit on these items and need some info.

Re: Question About Sony PS-LX220 [message #11588 is a reply to message #11586] Wed, 28 April 2004 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What seems to be the problem?

If there's no sound at all from the channel, I suggest a simple test. Put a small piece of wire into the center connector hole of the input RCA plug. With the amplifier on and selector to phono, you should create a hum when you touch the connector. There is 60Hz noise coupled into your body from power lines around you and this makes a pretty strong signal for a phono input. You'll hear the hum if the amp is working. Test on the good channel to make sure you're doing everything right and if you hear the hum on the good channel but not when you move to the bad channel, then it's your receiver. If not, it's your turntable, cartridge or cables.

Re: Question About Sony PS-LX220 [message #11622 is a reply to message #11586] Wed, 02 June 2004 19:05 Go to previous message
Grayson Lassor is currently offline  Grayson Lassor
Esquire
If you get no answer using Wayne's idea try this;
Swap turntable's phono leads at amp, if problem switches
channels, turntables connections at cartridge or elsewhere
are bad or phono cable connection is bad or "loose'(solder).
Phono cable may be bad (open)If problem does't change channels
amp is probably at fault. Of course cartridge may be bad.
Hope you solve problem. glassor Grayson Lassor

Previous Topic: squash'ed balls
Next Topic: Audio Note Kits are Back
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 03:45:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers